Attracts More Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 than ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, The CW, and All Cable Networks in Primetime
Univision Network Primetime Highlights – Week of August 16, 2021 to August 22, 2021
- Univision finished as the No. 1 network on all of television during primetime, outperforming ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, NBC, The CW and all cable networks with 528,000 Adults 18-49 and 216,000 Adults 18-34 for the entire week.
- Outperformed one or more of the English-language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on every single night last week among Adults 18-34 and on six out of seven nights among Adults 18-49; and delivered week-over-week primetime audience growth (+5%) with the key 18 to 49 demographic.
- Univision ranked as the No. 1 Spanish-language network in primetime on all forty-eight weeks of the current 2020/2021 season thus far with double-digit audience advantages over Telemundo this past week among Total Viewers 2+ (+23% advantage), Adults 18-49 (+28% advantage) and Adults 18-34 (+85% advantage).
- Univision captured the No. 1 network ranking on all of television during weeknight primetime, outperforming ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, The CW and all cable networks with Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- At 8 p.m., “Diseñando Tu Amor” averaged its highest-rated weekly performance with double-digit week-over-week audience gains among Total Viewers 2+ (+14% to 1.6 million), Adults 18-49 (+24% to 667,000) and Adults 18-34 (+19% to 286,000), making Univision the No. 1 network on all of television with Adults 18-34.
- At 9 p.m., “Si Nos Dejan” increased its audience week-over-week among Total Viewers 2+ (+7% to 1.6 million), Adults 18-49 (+7% to 623,000) and Adults 18-34 (+3% to 258,000) and positioned Univision ahead of ABC, CBS, FOX, The CW and all cable networks in the weeknight 9 p.m. hour among Adults 18-49.
- At 10 p.m., “La Hija del Embajador” delivered its highest weekly audience levels in its second season with 591,000 Adults 18-49 and 228,000 Adults 18-34 as well as second-highest with 1.5 million Total Viewers 2+, propelling Univision to the No. 1 network ranking on all of television among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- On Saturday night, Univision ranked as the No. 1 broadcast network for the entire night ahead of ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 with live coverage of Liga MX. The back-to-back soccer matchups of Leon vs. Santos Laguna and Atletico San Luis vs. Cruz Azul, delivered an average audience of 691,000 Total Viewers 2+, 327,000 Adults 18-49 and 130,000 Adults 18-34, making it the top 2 most-watched programs on broadcast television on Saturday night with both the key Adult 18 to 49 and 18 to 34 demographics.
- Sunday night’s airing of “¿Quién Es la Máscara?” attracted 1.2 million Total Viewers 2+, 432,000 Adults 18-49 and 183,000 Adults 18-34 and made Univision a top-rated broadcast network, outperforming NBC, FOX and The CW during the 8:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. time slot as well as for the entire night with Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
Source: Nielsen, NPM (08/16/2021-08/22/2021) Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, ad-supported networks, Live+SD.