Live Soccer Coverage Drives Univision Ahead of CBS, NBC and FOX on Saturday Night Among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34
Univision is No. 1 Spanish-Language Network in Primetime for 23rd Consecutive Week in the Current 2020/2021 Season
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights – Week of February 22, 2021 to February 28, 2021
- For the entire week, Univision finished as the third most-watched broadcast network during primetime, out-delivering CBS, FOX and The CW with 194,000 Adults 18-34, and the fifth most-watched broadcast network, out-delivering The CW with 505,000 Adults 18-49 and 1.4 million Total Viewers 2+.
- On Saturday night, Univision finished as the No. 2 broadcast network ahead of CBS, NBC and FOX for the entire night with Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 with live coverage of Liga MX. Univision also outperformed CBS, NBC and FOX for the second consecutive Saturday night among Adults 18-34. The soccer matchups of America vs. Pachuca and Leon vs. Cruz Azul delivered an average audience of 867,000 Total Viewers 2+, 400,000 Adults 18-49 and 177,000 Adults 18-34. Leon vs. Cruz Azul ranked as the No. 2 and No. 3 program on broadcast television on Saturday night among Adults 18-34 (191,000) and Adults 18-49 (447,000), respectively. Liga MX also made Univision the No.1 Spanish-language network, outperforming Telemundo by double-digits for the entire night among Total Viewers 2+ (+19% adv.), Adults 18-49 (+45% adv.) and Adults 18-34 (+61% adv.).
- Univision ranked as the No. 1 Spanish-language network during primetime for the twenty third consecutive week in the current 2020/2021 season with double-digit audience advantages over Telemundo among Total Viewers 2+ (+39% adv.), Adults 18-49 (+39% adv.) and Adults 18-34 (+45% adv.).
- Univision outperformed one or more of the English-language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on six out of seven nights last week among Adults 18-34 and on four out of seven nights among Adults 18-49.
- Airing weeknights at 8 p.m., “Vencer el Desamor” delivered 1.7 million Total Viewers 2+, 654,000 Adults 18-49 and 268,000 Adults 18-34 and drove Univision to a second-place finish on broadcast television, out-delivering CBS, NBC, FOX, The CW and Telemundo with Adults 18-34 for the second consecutive week and outperformed NBC among Adults 18-49.
- Airing weeknights at 9 p.m. Univision’s “Te Acuerdas de Mí” delivered 1.5 million Total Viewers 2+, 589,000 Adults 18-49 and 211,000 Adults 18-34, positioning Univision ahead of CBS and The CW with Adults 18-49 and ahead of CBS, FOX and The CW with Adults 18-34. “Te Acuerdas de Mí” delivered week-to-week audience gains for the second consecutive week among Total Viewers 2+ (+10%), Adults 18-49 (+19%) and Adults 18-34 (+18%) and outperformed Telemundo’s “La Suerte de Loli” head-to-head among Total Viewers 2+ (+46% adv.), Adults 18-49 (+49% adv.) and Adults 18-34 (+42% adv.).
- During its last full week ahead of the finale, “Dulce Ambición” averaged its highest-rated weekly performance with 1.5 million Total Viewers 2+ and 522,000 Adults 18-49 and positioned Univision as the No. 1 broadcast network, out-delivering ABC, CBS and NBC with Adults 18-34 and No. 2 ahead of CBS and NBC with Adults 18-49 in the weeknight 10 p.m. hour. The novela delivered week-to-week audience gains for the eighth consecutive week among Total Viewers 2+ (+5% to 1.5 million) and Adults 18-49 (+3%to 522,000) and for the third consecutive week among Adults 18-34 (+5%to 188,000). “Dulce Ambición” also outperformed Telemundo’s “Buscando a Frida” by double-digits head-to-head in the Monday to Friday 10 p.m. hour among Total Viewers 2+ (+45% adv.), Adults 18-49 (+40% adv.) and Adults 18-34 (+28% adv.).
- On Sunday night, Univision’s three-hour featured film airing of “Cine Especial: X-Men: Apocalypse” delivered 717,000 Total Viewers 2+, 260,000 Adults 18-49 and 94,000 Adults 18-34 and propelled Univision to a first-place finish on Spanish-language television for the entire night, out-delivering Telemundo among Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-34. This marked the twenty third consecutive Sunday night in the current 2020/2021 season that Univision has out-delivered Telemundo among Total Viewers 2+.
Source: Nielsen, NPM (02/22/2021-02/28/2021) Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, Live+SD.
Effective 08/31/2020, Out of Home PPM data is included for Univision, UniMás and participating networks.