Univision Out Delivers CBS and NBC in Primetime For Entire Week With Adults 18-34
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights – Week of January 25, 2021 to January 31, 2021
- Univision ranked as the No. 1 Spanish-language network during primetime for the nineteenth consecutive week in the current 2020/2021 season, outperforming Telemundo among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- For the entire week, Univision finished as the third most-watched broadcast network during primetime, out-delivering CBS, NBC, and The CW with 205,000 Adults 18-34, and the fifth most-watched broadcast network, out-delivering The CW with 1.3 million Total Viewers 2+ and 489,000 Adults 18-49.
- Univision outperformed one or more of the English-language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on four out of seven nights among Adults 18-49 and on every night -last week among Adults 18-34.
- On Sunday night, the special airing of “Imparables” delivered 1.1 million Total Viewers 2+, 378,000 Adults 18-49 and 163,000 Adults 18-34 and positioned Univision ahead of NBC (+31% adv.) and FOX (+37% adv.) by double-digits for the second consecutive Sunday night with Adults 18-34. Univision also outperformed FOX for the entire night with double-digit advantages among Total Viewers 2+ (+15% adv.). The comedy special propelled Univision to a first-place finish on Spanish-language television, outperforming Telemundo for the entire night among Total Viewers 2+ (+6% adv.). This marked the nineteenth consecutive Sunday night in the current 2020/2021 season that Univision has out-delivered Telemundo among Total Viewers 2+.
- Univision finished ahead of CBS and NBC on Saturday night among Adults 18-34 with live coverage of Liga MX. This marked the fourth consecutive Saturday that Univision outperformed CBS for the entire night with Adults 18-34. The soccer matchup of Cruz Azul vs. Queretaro delivered an average audience of 826,000 Total Viewers 2+, 374,000 Adults 18-49 and 154,000 Adults 18-34.
- Airing weeknights at 8 p.m., “Vencer el Desamor” delivered 1.7 million Total Viewers 2+, 606,000 Adults 18-49 and 279,000 Adults 18-34 and drove Univision to a fourth-place finish on broadcast television, out-delivering NBC, The CW and Telemundo with Adults 18-34. The series also delivered double-digit week-to-week audience gains among Adults 18-34 (+15%).
- Univision’s “Imperio de Mentiras” delivered 1.6 million Total Viewers 2+, 594,000 Adults 18-49 and 249,000 Adults 18-34, positioning Univision as the No. 2 broadcast network ahead of CBS, NBC, FOX and The CW with Adults 18-34 during the weeknight 9 p.m. hour. The series also delivered double-digit week-to-week audience gains among Total Viewers 2+ (+18%), Adults 18-49 (+23%) and Adults 18-34 (+46%). “Imperio de Mentiras” also outperformed Telemundo’s “La Suerte de Loli” during its premiere week with double-digit audience advantages among Total Viewers 2+ (+20% adv.), Adults 18-49 (+16% adv.) and Adults 18-34 (+21% adv.).
- Airing weeknights at 10 p.m., “Dulce Ambición” attracted 1.2 million Total Viewers 2+, 453,000 Adults 18-49 and 168,000 Adults 18-34, positioning Univision ahead of CBS and NBC with Adults 18-34. The series delivered week-to-week audience gains among Total Viewers 2+ (+7%), Adults 18-49 (+15%) and Adults 18-34 (+32%). “Dulce Ambición” outperformed Telemundo’s “Buscando a Frida” during its premiere week with double-digit audience advantages among Total Viewers 2+ (+15% adv.).
Source: Nielsen, NPM (01/25/2021-01/31/2021) Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, Live+SD.
Effective 08/31/2020, Out of Home PPM data is included for Univision, UniMás and participating networks.