Univision Also Finishes the Week Ahead of All Broadcast and Cable Networks With Adults 18-49 For the Second Time in the Last Three Weeks
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights – Week of July 20, 2020 to July 26, 2020
- For the entire week, Univision captured the No. 1 network ranking on all of television during primetime, ahead of ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, The CW and all cable networks with 518,000 Adults 18-49, marking the second time in the last three weeks.
- Univision ranked as the No. 1 network on all of television in primetime for the ninth consecutive week, out-delivering ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, The CW and all cable networks with 218,000 Adults 18-34. This marked the longest weekly winning streak of any network in the current 2019/2020 season and since the 2011/2012 season.
- Univision outperformed one or more of the English-language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on six out of seven nights last week among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- For the third consecutive week, Univision increased its primetime audience by double-digits from the comparable week last year among Total Viewers 2+ (+32% to 1.3 million), Adults 18-49 (+22% to 518,000) and Adults 18-34 (+19% to 218,000).
- Univision delivered double-digit year-over-year primetime audience growth (+22%) while ABC (-41%), CBS (-24%), NBC (-31%), The CW (-32%) and Telemundo (-40%) all reported audience declines with the key Adult 18-49 demographic.
- Univision ranked the No. 1 Spanish-language network ranking in primetime for the thirty-fifth consecutive week with double-digit audience advantages over Telemundo among Total Viewers 2+ (+54% adv.), Adults 18-49 (+59% adv.) and Adults 18-34 (+64% adv).
- Univision’s “Te Doy La Vida” delivered 1.9 million Total Viewers 2+, 712,000 Adults 18-49 and 319,000 Adults 18-34 and propelled Univision to a first-place finish on broadcast television, ahead of ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX and The CW during the Monday through Friday 8 p.m. hour with Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34. The series also out-delivered Telemundo’s “Cennet” with double-to-triple digit audience advantages among Total Viewers 2+ (+71% adv.), Adults 18-49 (+88% adv.) and Adults 18-34 (+119% adv.).
- Airing weeknights at 9 p.m., “Médicos, Línea de Vida” increased its audience week-over-week among Total Viewers 2+ (+3% to 1.5 million), Adults 18-49 (+3% to 591,000) and Adults 18-34 (+3% to 257,000). The medical drama series also made Univision the No. 1 broadcast network with Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 while also outperformed Telemundo in the 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. time slot by double-digit margins among Total Viewers 2+ (+42% adv.), Adults 18-49 (+56% adv.) and Adults 18-34 (+71% adv.).
- For the third consecutive week, Univision ranked as the No. 1 broadcast network during the weeknight 10 p.m. hour, ahead of ABC, CBS and FOX among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 with “Como Tú No Hay 2.” The romantic comedy doubled the audience levels of Telemundo’s “Enemigo Intimo II” with 1.6 million Total Viewers 2+, 660,000 Adults 18-49 and 277,000 Adults 18-34.
- On Saturday night, Univision outperformed ABC and CBS for the entire night among Adults 18-34 with live coverage of “Liga MX.” The soccer matchup between Cruz Azul and Santos Laguna drew in 584,000 Total Viewers 2+, 264,000 Adults 18-49 and 79,000 Adults 18-34 and drove Univision to a first-place finish on Spanish-language television, outperforming Telemundo during the 9:30 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. time slot (+107% adv.) as well as for the entire night (+7% adv.) with the key Adult 18 to 49 demographic. The sports event also doubled its audience levels in the last half-hour compared to the first half-hour among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
Source: Nielsen, NPM (07/20/2020-07/26/2020) Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, Live+SD.