Univision Attracts More Young Adult 18-34 Viewers than CBS in Primetime for Entire Week
Univision Portfolio Ends December Delivering 70% Primetime Audience Share Over Major Spanish-Language Competitors Among Key Adults 18-49
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights – Week of December 23, 2019 to December 29, 2019
- With live coverage of the second leg of the “2019 Liga MX Apertura Final” in which Monterrey claimed the championship title over Club América, Univision captured the No. 3 broadcast network ranking on Sunday night, ahead of ABC, CBS and The CW among Adults 18-34 and finished ahead of ABC and The CW with Adults 18-49. The final showdown between Monterrey and Club América drew in 3.0 million Total Viewers 2+, 1.6 million Adults 18-49 and 737,000 Adults 18-34, making it the highest-rated Liga MX match in 2019 on the Univision network. The soccer match also finished within the top 10 programs on broadcast television and propelled Univision to a first-place finish on Spanish-language network with tripled the audience levels of Telemundo for the entire night among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- For the entire week, Univision finished as the fourth most-watched broadcast network during primetime, outperforming CBS and The CW with 265,000 Adults 18-34 as well as the fifth largest broadcast network, ahead of The CW with 580,000 Adults 18-49 and 1.3 million Total Viewers 2+.
- During the entire month of December 2019, the Univision portfolio of networks delivered a 70% primetime audience share over the major Spanish-language competitors among Adults 18-49, the highest since March 2018.
- For the second consecutive week, Univision increased its primetime audience from the comparable week in 2018 among Total Viewers 2+ (+18% to 1.3 million), Adults 18-49 (+33% to 580,000) and Adults 18-34 (+56% to 265,000). Univision also delivered week-over-week audience growth during primetime among Total Viewers 2+ (+6%), Adults 18-49 (+15%) and Adults 18-34 (+18%).
- Univision out-delivered one or more of English-language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on every night last week among Adults 18-34 and on six out of seven nights among Adults 18-49.
- For the fifth consecutive week, Univision ranked as the No. 1 Spanish-language network in primetime with double-digit audience advantages over Telemundo among Total Viewers 2+ (+73% adv.), Adults 18-49 (+80% adv.) and Adults 18-34 (+70% adv.).
- Averaging more than half-a-million Adult 18-49 viewers, Univision’s weeknight series “Ringo” (545,000), “La Rosa de Guadalupe” (595,000) and “El Dragón” (540,00) drove it to a first-place finish on Spanish-language television with double-to-triple digit audience advantages over Telemundo’s “Decisiones: Unos Ganan, Otros Pierden” (+80% adv.), “La Doña Edicion Especial” (+108% adv.) and “El Señor de los Cielos VII” (+16% adv.) in the respective 8 p.m., 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. hours. Univision also maintained its top-ranked Spanish-language network position during Monday through Friday primetime for the fifth consecutive week, outperforming Telemundo by +66% among Total Viewers 2+, +60% among Adults 18-49 and +49% among Adults 18-34.
- Univision finished 2019 as the No. 1 Spanish-language network during primetime, out-delivering Telemundo for the 27th consecutive year with 527,000 Adults 18-49 and 1.3 million Total Viewers 2+.
Source: Nielsen, NPM (12/23/2019-12/29/2019) Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, Live+SD.