Live CONCACAF Gold Cup Match Delivers No. 1 Program Ranking on Broadcast Television, Propels Univision to Victory Over ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX and Telemundo on Saturday Night Among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34
Univision Finishes Among Top 3 Broadcast Networks For Entire Week With Adults 18-34, Outperforms One or More of the English-Language Broadcast Networks – ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX – on Six Out of Seven Nights for Second Straight Week
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights – Week of June 24, 2019 to June 30, 2019
- With continued live coverage of the 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup tournament, Univision ranked among the top-rated broadcast networks during primetime this past weekend.
- On Saturday night, Univision captured the No. 1 broadcast network ranking, ahead of ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX and Telemundo for the entire night among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34. Haiti vs. Canada attracted more Total Viewers 2+ (+77% to 1.1 million), Adults 18-49 (+91% to 507,000) and Adults 18-34 (+114% to 205,000) to the network’s 6:45 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. time slot from the comparable Saturday last year. The second matchup of the night between Mexico and Costa Rica drew in 3.0 million Total Viewers 2+, 1.6 million Adults 18-49 and 679,000 Adults 18-34. Both games ranked within the top 5 most-watched programs on broadcast television with Mexico vs. Costa Rica at No. 1 and Haiti vs. Canada at No. 4 among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34. The sports event also drove Univision to a first-place finish on Spanish-language television with four times the audience levels of Telemundo on Saturday night among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- On Sunday night, Univision was the No. 1 broadcast network for the entire night, out-delivering ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, The CW and Telemundo for the second consecutive week among Adults 18-34 and finished ahead of NBC, FOX, The CW and Telemundo among Adults 18-49. Featuring United States vs. Curazao, the match delivered 1.6 million Total Viewers 2+ and ranked as the second and fifth most-watched program on broadcast television in the respective key 18 to 34 (337,000) and 18 to 49 (741,000) demographics. Univision also captured the No. 1 Spanish-language network ranking for the second consecutive Sunday night with double-digit audience advantages over Telemundo among Total Viewers 2+ (+50% adv.), Adults 18-49 (+65% adv.) and Adults 18-34 (+63% adv.).
- Univision finished as the third most-watched broadcast network in primetime, ahead of CBS, FOX and The CW among Adults 18-34 as well as in fourth-place among Adults 18-49, out-delivering FOX and The CW. Univision has also outperformed The CW for the 40th consecutive week since the start of the current 2018/2019 season with 1.4 million Total Viewers 2+, 589,000 Adults 18-49 and 244,000 Adults 18-34.
- For the second consecutive week, Univision outperformed one or more of the English-language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on six out of seven nights among Adults 18-34 and on four out of seven nights among Adults 18-49.
- Univision ranked as the No. 1 Spanish-language network during primetime with double-digit audience advantages over Telemundo among Total Viewers 2+ (+26% adv.), Adults 18-49 (+21% adv.) and Adults 18-34 (+18% adv.), marking the second consecutive week that it occupied the top-ranked Spanish-language network position with Adults 18-49 and Total Viewers 2+.
- Airing weeknights at 8 p.m., “La Reina Soy Yo” increased its audience week-over-week among Total Viewers 2+ (+4% to 1.3 million), Adults 18-49 (+3% to 537,000) and Adults 18-49 (+10% to 233,000) and positioned Univision as the No. 1 Spanish-language network, out-delivering Telemundo by double-digit margins with Total Viewers 2+ (+23% adv.), Adults 18-49 (+13% adv.) and Adults 18-34 (+11% adv.). The series also averaged more Adult 18-34 and Adult 18-49 viewers than first-run episodes of such English-language dramas as ABC’s “Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D” and “Reef Break;” CBS’ “Blood & Treasure,” “Elementary,” “Instinct” and “The Good Fight;” as well as The CW’s “Burden of Truth,” “In The Dark,” “IZombie,” “Jane The Virgin” and “The Hundred.”
Source: Nielsen, NPM (06/24/2019-06/30/2019) Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, Live+SD.