“El Bueno, La Mala y El Feo” is No. 1 Overall Regardless of Language in Los Angeles, Cruises to Top Four Finish in Six Total Markets During Morning Drive Among Adults 18-49
“El Show de Raul Brindis” Closes Quarter No. 1 Overall in Houston Among Adults 18-49 During Morning Drive
Qué Buena 106.5 KLNV-FM Ranks No. 1 in Total Week, Morning Drive, and Middays in San Diego with Adults 18-49; Ends Summer Sweep No. 2 in Evening Drive
MIAMI – OCTOBER 15, 2019 – It was a summer to remember for Univision’s Uforia stations as the leading Hispanic radio network in the U.S. scored significant rating victories against Spanish and English-language competition during third quarter.
#1 in Spanish-Language Radio:
- Uforia stations ended the quarter No. 1 in Spanish-language radio in Miami, Houston, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, San Jose, San Antonio, Phoenix, and San Diego during total week among the coveted Adults 18-49 demo.
- Stations in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, Chicago, San Francisco, San Jose, San Antonio, and San Diego outperformed all other Spanish-language morning drive competition in each market among Adults 18-49.
- In midday, Uforia delivered the No. 1 program among Adults 18-49 in Spanish-language in Houston, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, San Jose, San Antonio, Phoenix, and San Diego.
Total Market Success:
- Uforia radio stations ranked in the top six, regardless of language, in San Diego (No. 1), Miami (No. 2), Houston (No. 2), San Jose (No. 3), Chicago (No. 6), and Dallas (No. 6) during total week in key Adults 18-49.
- During morning drive, Uforia stations took the No. 1 or No. 2 spots in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, Chicago, San Francisco, San Jose, San Diego, and San Antonio among Adults 18-49, regardless of language.
Featuring a distinct combination of regional Mexican music and popular on-air personalities, the following programs turned up the volume for Uforia’s radio stations during third quarter:
- Syndicated show “El Bueno, La Mala y El Feo” (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly) ranked among the top four programs, regardless of language, with Adults 18-49 during morning drive or midday in Los Angeles (Zona MX 101.9 KCSA-FM), Houston (Qué Buena 102.9 KLTN-FM), Chicago (Qué Buena 105.1 WOJO-FM), Dallas (Qué Buena 94.1 KLNO-FM), San Francisco (Qué Buena 98.9 KSOL-FM), San Jose (Qué Buena 99.1 KSOL-FM), and San Diego (Qué Buena 106.5 KLNV-FM). In fact, the program made Zona MX 101.9 KSCA-FM in Los Angeles the No. 1 radio station in the time period, irrespective of language.
- Airing weekdays from 5 – 11 a.m. CT, “El Show de Raul Brindis” secured the No. 1 position in Houston (Qué Buena 102.9 KLTN-FM) and No. 2 in San Antonio (Qué Buena 92.9 KROM-FM), regardless of language, during the sweep in morning drive time among Adults 18-49.
- Afternoon drive time program “Tardes Calientes” ranked No. 1 among Adults 25-54, regardless of language, in Miami (Amor 107.5 WAMR-FM) during the time period.
Sourcing: Nielsen Audio PPM Q3 2019, Total A18-49 AQH Persons Total and SL Rankings, M-Su 6a-Mid, M-F 6a-10a, MF 10a-3p, MF 3p-7p.
CONTACT: Kevin Sornatale, 212-522-5259, firstname.lastname@example.org