Debut Positioned Univision Among the Top 2 Networks on All of Television, Regardless of Language for the Entire Night with Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34
Premiere Made Univision the No. 1 Program of the day in Los Angeles Among Adults 18-34, Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54, Regardless of Language
MIAMI – FEBRUARY 24, 2022 — Monday night’s premiere of Univision’s stellar telenovela and an original production by TelevisaUnivision, “Mi Fortuna es Amarte” (My Fortune is To Love You), reached 2.4 million Total Viewers 2+, who tuned to all or part of the one-hour telecast. Produced by Nicandro Diaz, “Mi Fortuna as Amarte” is led by a star-studded cast featuring Susana González, David Zepeda, Chantel Andere, Sergio Sendel, and the iconic late actress Carmen Salinas who unveil a story about betrayal, new beginnings, proving true love is the real fortune. The series debut positioned Univision as the No. 1 network on all of television, regardless of language for the entire night among Adults 18-34 and No. 2 network ahead of ABC, CBS, FOX, The CW and all cable networks with Adults 18-49.
- The premiere for “Mi Fortuna es Amarte” averaged 8 million Total Viewers 2+, 765,000 Adults 18-49, and 260,000 Adults 18-34, positioning Univision ahead of CBS, FOX and The CW in the 9 p.m. hour with Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- “Mi Fortuna es Amarte” ranked as the fourth most-watched program on all of television with more Adult 18-49 viewers than the entire original primetime line-ups on FOX (“911: Lone Star” and “The Cleaning Lady”) and The CW (“All American” and “All American: Homecoming”) as well as the first-run episodes of ABC’s “The Promised Land,” CBS’ “Big Brother,” and NBC’s “Endgame.
- “Mi Fortuna es Amarte” made Univision the No. 1 Spanish-language network during the 9 p.m. hour with double-digit audience advantages over Telemundo among Total Viewers 2+ (+34% advantage), Adults 18-49 (+51% advantage) and Adults 18-34 (+54% advantage).
- The premiere of “Mi Fortuna es Amarte” outperformed Telemundo’s entire primetime programming line-up on this night as well as out-delivered all the primetime novela/series premieres on Telemundo since 2020 among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- “Mi Fortuna Es Amarte” attracted more Total Viewers 2+ (+17%), Adults 18-49 (+29%) and Adults 18-34 (+10%) compared to its 9 p.m. predecessor’s premiere (“Vencer el Pasado”).
Source: Nielsen, NPM Monday (2/21/2022) 8:00pm-11:00pm, ad-supported networks, Live+SD. Reach based on 1+ minute qualifier.
Univision Network – Local Market Highlights:
“Mi Fortuna es Amarte” premiere made Univision the No. 1 broadcast station in the time period (9:00p-10:00p ET/PT), regardless of language, among:
- Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles and Houston
- Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas and San Francisco
- Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54 in Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago, Phoenix and San Francisco
Monday night’s premiere of Mi Fortuna Es Amarte outperformed Telemundo’s Hercai: Amor y Venganza II head-to-head in 7 of the Top 9 markets: Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix, San Francisco and Sacramento among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54.
Nielsen, NSI, LPM+PPM Mi Fortuna Es Amarte premiere on Univision (02/21/2022), 9:00 pm-10:00 pm ET/PT; 8:00 pm-9:00 pm CT/MT. Rankings based on DMA impressions, rounded to the thousand. Total Day Rankings based on all cable and programming. Hercai: Amor y Venganza II aired on Telemundo 9:00 pm-10:00 pm ET/PT; 8:00 pm-9:00 pm CT/MT. Top 9 markets: Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix, San Francisco and Sacramento.
CONTACT: Maria Areco, 305.702.7043, firstname.lastname@example.org.