Premiere of “Mi Marido Tiene Más Familia” (My Husband Has More Family) Reaches 3.5 Million, Positioning Univision as the No. 1 Spanish-Language Network in the Timeslot and the Night Across All Key Demos
Night of Family Entertainment Including Novela Premiere and U.S. vs. Mexico Soccer Propels Univision to Double-Digit Audience Advantages Over Telemundo Among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and 18-34, and No. 3 Network Rank – ahead of CBS, FOX and The CW – Among Adults 18-49 and 18-34
NEW YORK, NY – SEPTEMBER 13, 2018 – Univision’s popular family dramedy, “Mi Marido Tiene Más Familia” (My Husband Has More Family), continues to grow its audience, with 3.5 million Total Viewers 2+ tuning in to all or part of Tuesday night’s one-hour season two premiere. The strong viewership positioned Univision as the No. 1 Spanish-language network in the 8 p.m. ET hour, out-delivering Telemundo’s “Exatlón” by double-digits among Total Viewers 2+ (+41% advantage), Adults 18-49 (+33% advantage) and Adults 18-34 (+43% advantage).
For the entire night, Univision finished as the No. 1 Spanish-language network and No. 3 network overall among Adults 18-49 and 18-34, with special live coverage of the U.S. vs. Mexico men’s soccer match following the “Mi Marido Tiene Más Familia” season two premiere. Univision out-performed Telemundo by double-digits Tuesday night in all key demos, finishing the night as the No. 1 Spanish-language network among Total Viewers 2+ (+42% advantage), Adults 18-49 (+40% advantage) and Adults 18-34 (+53% advantage).
“Our research shows that our audience demands more family-friendly content that is fresh, relevant and modern, and we are excited and encouraged by the performance of our newest premiere,” said Jessica Rodriguez, CMO of Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) and president and COO of UCI Networks. “Working closely with our partners at Televisa, we remain committed to telling stories that engage the modern Latino family in the U.S. with surprises, laughs and heartfelt moments.”
Featuring Daniel Arenas and Zuria Vega, the season two premiere of “Mi Marido Tiene Más Familia” also:
- Averaged 1.9 million Total Viewers 2+, 793,000 Adults 18-49 and 335,000 Adults 18-34.
- Made Univision the No. 3 broadcast network in the 8pm hour, out-delivering CBS, FOX, CW and Telemundo among Adults 18-34, as well as the No. 5 broadcast network, ahead of CW and Telemundo, among both Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49.
- Out-performed Telemundo’s 9 p.m. premiere of “Falsa Identidad” among Total Viewers 2+ (+18% advantage), Adults 18-49 (+6% advantage) and Adults 18-34 (+16% advantage).
- Premiered higher than its season one debut (“Mi Marido Tiene Familia” on August 27, 2017 at 9 p.m.) among Total Viewers 2+ (+11 % growth), Adults 18-49 (+9% growth) and Adults 18-34 (+2% growth).
- Delivered more Total Viewers 2+ (+17 %), Adults 18-49 (+35 %) and Adults 18-34 (+43 %) versus the premiere of its 9 p.m. predecessor, “La Bella y La Bestias” (June 12, 2018), and was the highest-rated primetime novela premiere on Univision since January 2018.
- Grew the time period average by double-digit margins versus prior four Tuesday performance among Total Viewers 2+ (+16 %), Adults 18-49 (+34 %) and Adults 18-34 (+35 %).
Also on Tuesday night, Univision’s live coverage of the U.S. vs. Mexico match averaged 2.3 million Total Viewers 2+, 1.2 million Adults 18-49 and 519,000 Adults 18-34, marking the No. 2 most-watched Mexican National Team match of the year on UCI Networks among Total Viewers 2+. Viewership of the Univision telecast bested the same match on ESPN by more than two times among both Total Viewers 2+ (with ESPN averaging 827,000) and Adults 18-49 (with ESPN averaging 493,000).
“Mi Marido Tiene Más Familia” picks up where “Mi Marido Tiene Familia” left off and pokes fun at traditional attitudes toward the extended family in a modern marriage. This second installment of the top-rated dramedy brings new excitement and unexpected twists to the lives of Julieta and Robert as a previously unknown and large branch of the family tree appears on their doorstep. The protagonists will experience a whirlwind of emotions and adventures as they raise their two children while dealing with the in-laws who think they know better and want to be part of their lives as much as possible, even if it becomes obsessive and suffocating, especially for Julieta. This new season also introduces new and fresh characters played by Carlos Bracho, Susana Gonzalez, Carmen Salinas, Arap de la Torre,among others. Following the Tuesday, September 11 premiere, it continues in its regular timeslot Monday to Friday at 9pm ET/PT, 8pm CT on the Univision Network.
For more information and sneak peek videos, please visit https://www.univision.com. Viewers can join the conversation about “Mi Marido Tiene Más Familia” on Twitter using the hashtag #TieneMásFamilia as well as comment along with others on Facebook.com/Univision.
Source: Nielsen, NPM Tuesday (09/11/2018) 8:00pm-11:00pm, Live+SD. Reach based on 1+ minutes audience qualifier. Season 1 Premiere of “Mi Marido Tiene Mas Familia” based on Monday (08/21/2017) 9:00pm-10:00pm.