Press

Univision Ranks as No. 1 Spanish-Language Network for the Entire Week Among Total Viewers

By Univision PR Team

Nov 14, 2017

Univision Ranks as No. 1 Spanish-Language Network for the Entire Week Among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34

“Mira Quién Baila” is the No. 1 Spanish-Language Reality Program and Univision is the No. 1 Spanish-Language Network Every Sunday Night this Season-to-Date with Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49

Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights – Week of November 6, 2017 to November 12, 2017

Univision ranked as the No. 1 Spanish-language network for the entire week among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and young Adults 18-34. In fact, Univision posted a double-digit percentage advantage over its closest competitor among Total Viewers 2+ (+19%) and held a +2% advantage with Adults 18-49.

Univision also finished the week as the fifth largest broadcast network overall with Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and young Adults 18-34.

Univision’s entire weekday primetime lineup grew its audience in every hour with Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and young Adults 18-34 compared to the previous week.

  • Univision was the No. 1 Spanish-language network during the 8pm hour for the third consecutive week, beating its closest competitor by double-digit margins with Total Viewers 2+ (+44%) Adults 18-49 (+40%) and Adults 18-34 (+71%). Strengthening its week-to-week performance by double-digit margins, “Rosa de Guadalupe” attracted 1.8 million Total Viewers 2+ (+25%), 768,000 Adults 18-49 (+32%) and 402,000 Adults 18-34 (+44%).
  • For the 9pm hour, Univision ranked as the No.1 Spanish-language network with Total Viewers 2+ (+2% adv.). Univision’s 9pm dramedy “Mi Marido Tiene Familia” (My Husband Has Family) grew its week-to-week audience with Total Viewers 2+ (+10% to 1.8 million) Adults 18-49 (+14% to 773,000) and Adults 18-34 (+22% to 384,000).
  • Airing its 10pm drama, “Caer en Tentación” (Into Temptation), Univision attracted more Adults 18-34 viewers than ABC (+4%). “Caer en Tentación” attracted 1.4 million Total Viewers 2+ (+5%), 592,000 Adults 18-49 (+9%) and 283,000 Adults 18-34 (+13%) increasing its audience versus the prior week.

Univision was the No. 1 Spanish-language network on Sunday night, delivering nearly double the Total Viewers 2+ (+93%) and significantly outperforming its closest competitor with Adults 18-49 (+71%) and Adults 18-34 (+55%). In fact, Univision has ranked as the No. 1 Spanish-language network with Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49 on every Sunday night in the current season-to-date.

  • At 7pm “Aquí y Ahora” (Here and Now) grew its audience for the third consecutive week with 1.7 million Total Viewers 2+ (+8%) and 600,000 Adults 18-49 and 285,000 Adults 18-34 (+11%) over its prior week performance.
  • “Mira Quién Baila” (Look Who’s Dancing) maintained its position No. 1 Spanish language reality program for the week, growing its week-to-week audience with Total Viewers 2+ (+8% to 2.0 million) and Adults 18-49 (+10% to 836,000).
  • Following at 10pm, season 2 of “El Chapo” attracted 1.1 million Total Viewers 2+, and 581,000 Adults 18-49, 218,000 Adults 18-34.

Source: Nielsen, NPM (11/06/2017-11/12/2017) vs prior week (10/30/2017-11/05/2017). Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, Live+SD. Strict daypart. Program ranking based on programs with duration >29 minutes.

Related Articles

Press

TelevisaUnivision: la favorita de la afición mexicana para seguir a la Selección en el Mundial de Qatar

Press

ViX, TelevisaUnivision’s Groundbreaking Streamer, Named Apple TV App of The Year 2022

Please enter a valid e-mail address.
Sign me up for
Weekly Hispanic segment insights
Get the latest news from Univision
The latest from the Univision Sports team
Learn from our experts on Hispanic consumers

Thank you, you'll be receiving newsletter updates from us in your email inbox.

Loading