No. 1 Spanish-Language Station in New York During Total Day Among Hispanic Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49
NEW YORK – OCTOBER 18, 2017 – Univision WXTV is the leading Local News station in New York among Adults 18-49, year-to-date, regardless of language. Through the first three quarters (January through September 2017), WXTV is the No. 1 Spanish-language station in New York in Total Day among Hispanic Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49, outperforming its closest competitor in the market. Across key dayparts, WXTV is No. 1 among Hispanic Adults 18-49 and Bilingual Adults 18-49.
“WXTV is the heart and voice of the New York Hispanic community, and they rely heavily on our commitment to deliver breaking news and in-depth coverage of issues impacting their lives. I am proud that our viewers turn to us in this market more than any other station and continue to make us their primary trusted source of news. Our position as the leading Local News station proves that the power of our deep ties with our viewers is important and critical, now more than ever,” said Roberto Yáñez, President and General Manager, Univision Local Media.
The Univision local television station informs Hispanic America, with over 50% of its audience not reached on any of the Top 10 English-language networks in the market. Additionally, WXTV outperforms one or more of English-language broadcast stations (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) during Primetime more than 80% of the time and has a younger median age than any of the English-language broadcast affiliate average.
Year-to-date, Univision WXTV has 97% of viewers watching live, the highest percentage of live viewers versus every other network affiliate in the market.
In 2018, Univision New York, which includes television, radio and digital, will celebrate 50 years of entertaining, informing and empowering the tri-state area. Through Univision’s nationwide campaign titled “Tu Gente. Tu Voz,” Univision New York is a champion for Hispanic America not only covering news across all its platforms but working hand-in-hand with the communities and neighborhoods it serves.
- Nielsen, NLTV, 2017 Year-to-Date (01/01/2017-09/01/2017), Live+SD. Combined Early 6pm and Late 11pm News. Early local news is defined as local newscasts with a Mon-Fri 6 pm ET start time. Late Local News is defined as local newscasts with a Mon-Fri 10/11 pm ET start time. Includes regular newscasts only; Univision Late News includes simulcast on UniMás stations in the markets. Adults 18-49.
- Nielsen, NLTV, 2017 Year-to-Date (01/01/2017-09/10/2017), Live+SD. Total Day: Mon-Sun 6am-2am. Adults 18-49 and Persons 2+.
- Nielsen, NLTV, 2017 Year-to-Date (01/01/2017-09/10/2017), Live+SD. Adults 18-49 Morning M-F/7-9a; Daytime (M-F/9a-4p), Early Fringe (M-F/4-6p), Access (M-F/7-8p), Late Fringe (M-F/1130p-1a), Weekend (Sa-Su/9a-4p). Bilingual defined as persons speaking mostly Spanish, Spanish/English equally or mostly English.
- Unduplicated Audience: Nielsen, NPower, R&F Report, May17 Sweep (04/27-05/24/17), Live+7.Total Day: Mon-Sun 6am-2am. Avg Weekly Reach Based on 6+ minutes qualified audience. Adults 18-49.
- Nielsen, Arianna, 2017 Year-to-Date (01/01/2017-09/10/2017), Live+SD. Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm, Sun 7pm-11pm, FOX: Mon-Sat 8pm-10pm, Sun 7pm-10pm. >80% reflects equal or more than 204 of 255 days. Adults 18-49.
- Nielsen, Npower, 2016-17 Season-to-date (09/19/16-09/10/17), Live+7. Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm, Sun 7pm-11pm. English Language Broadcast includes ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW. Median Age of Viewers 2+.
- Nielsen NPower, More Live based on Live vs Live+7, Adults 1849, 2017 Year-to-Date (01/01/17-09/03/17).