UNIVISION RADIO STATIONS CLOSE Q3 2017 AS THE MOST-LISTENED TO RADIO GROUP AMONG ADULTS 18-49, REGARDLESS OF LANGUAGE, IN KEY MARKETS
NEW YORK – OCTOBER 12, 2017 – Univision Communications Inc. (UCI), the leading multimedia company serving Hispanic America, scored victories across key U.S. markets with its radio properties in Q3 2017. Seven of Univision’s radio stations ranked among the preferred Top 6 in the PPM markets where each station operates in Total Day among Adult 18-49 listeners, regardless of language. San Diego’s KLNV placed No. 1; San Antonio’s KBBT placed No. 2 while its sister station KROM topped at No. 6; Dallas’ KLNO and Houston’s KLTN placed No. 2; Los Angeles’ KLVE ranked No. 3; and Chicago’s WOJO rounded off the top five in its market at No. 5.
“Across the country, Univision’s local radio stations continue to be Hispanic listeners’ preferred destination for entertainment and information,” said Jesus Lara, President, Univision Radio. “We are bringing listeners together through the power of music and informing them on topics that are critical to their everyday lives – and our unwavering commitment is evident as our audience continues to choose us as their go-to platform.”
Additionally, in Q3 2017, strong Morning Drive performance led nine Univision’s radio properties to rank among the Top 6 in their respective PPM markets with Adults 18-49, regardless of language: Houston, Dallas, and San Diego positioned at No. 1; Los Angeles and Chicago positioned at No. 2; Austin and San Antonio ranked No. 3 and No. 5 respectively; while San Francisco and Phoenix capped at No. 6.
Univision stations also marked solid performances across Midday in seven of the PPM markets where the stations operate, ranking within the Top 6 among Adult 18-49 listeners, regardless of language: Los Angeles, San Diego, and Houston positioned at No. 2; San Francisco and Chicago as No. 3 and No. 5 respectively; while Dallas and San Antonio topped at No. 6.
Top-rated morning shows and local personalities continued their winning streak through the end of Q3 2017, ranking well ahead of their English and/or Spanish-language regional radio competitors in several major markets:
- “El Show de Raúl Brindis” took the No. 1 spot in Houston.
- “El Bueno, La Mala y El Feo” ranked as either the No. 1 or No. 2 radio program in Houston, Chicago, Dallas, and San Diego.
- “Omar & Argelia” continues to be an audience favorite in Los Angeles, placing at No. 2.
In Q3 2017, Univision had the leading Spanish-language radio group in the top PPM markets, with its stations outperforming their direct Spanish-language radio competitors.
- No. 1 Spanish-language radio station in Total Week across eight of 12 PPM markets: Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Antonio, San Diego, and San Francisco.
- No. 1 Morning Drive Spanish-language radio program across nine of 12 PPM markets: Austin, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Antonio, San Diego, and San Francisco.
- No. 1 Afternoon Drive Spanish-language radio program across nine of 12 PPM markets: Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, San Antonio, San Diego, and San Francisco.
- Univision continued to have the Top 2 Spanish-language radio stations in Dallas (KLNO and KDXX), San Francisco (KSOL and KBRG) and San Diego (KLNV and KLQV) among Adults 18-49 in Total Week.
Source: Nielsen Audio PPM Q3 2017, Total A18-49 AQH Persons Total and SL Rankings, M-Su 6a-Mid, M-F 6a-10a, MF 10a-3p, MF 3p-7p.
Visit corporate.univision.com/newco for more information on UCI, and follow @UCIPRTeam on Twitter and Instagram.