Press

UniMás Up Double-Digits to Kick Off New Fall Season with Total Viewers, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34

By Univision PR Team

Oct 3, 2017

UniMás Broadcast Prime Highlights – Week of September 25, 2017 to October 1, 2017

In the first week of the 2017/2018 season, UniMás averaged 618,000 Total Viewers 2+, 287,000 Adults 18-49 and 115,000 Adults 18-34 during primetime.

UniMás delivered double-digit year-over-year audience growth in primetime this past week among Total Viewers 2+ (+19%), Adults 18-49 (+11%) and Adults 18-34 (+20%).

With week-to-week audience gains among both Adults 18-49 (+12%) and Adults 18-34 (+16%), UniMás also outperformed the CW in primetime for the entire week with a strong audience advantage +16% in the young 18 to 34 demographic.

All three of UniMás’ weeknight dramatic series significantly boosted the network’s ratings by +9% for “La Tierra Prometida” (257,000), +17% for “Totalmente Diva” (237,000) and +26% for “Lady, La Vendedora De Rosas” (146,000) in their respective 8pm, 9pm and 10pm hours from the comparable week in 2016.

On Saturday night, UniMás was the No. 2 Spanish-language network during primetime, ahead of Telemundo with both Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49.

  • UniMás’ “Cine Cantinflas: Si Yo Fuera Diputado” increased its audience from the prior Saturday’s movie presentation of “A Volar Joven!” among Total Viewers 2+ (+15% to 672,000), Adults 18-49 (+8% to 265,000) and Adults 18-34 (+33% to 112,000).
  • Featuring the 2006 action comedy film “Robin-B-Hood,” UniMás delivered 712,000 Total Viewers 2+ and outperformed Telemundo’s “Cine Millonario: The Avengers” in both the key 18 to 49 (330,000 vs. 313,000; +5% adv.) and 18 to 34 (135000 vs. 124,000; +9% adv.) demographics.

Sunday night’s back-to-back airings of “Rise of the Planet of the Apes” and “Alien vs Predator” as the featured films for “Cine De Las Estrellas,” positioned UniMás as the No. 2 Spanish-language network for the entire night, out-delivering Telemundo with a strong audience advantage of +19% among Adults 18-49 (382,000 vs. 321,000). Both movies attracted more viewers to the networks’ Sunday 7pm to 11pm time slot among Total Viewers 2+ (+44% to 743,000), Adults 18-49 (+39% to 382,000) and Adults 18-34 (+17% to 143,000) compared to the same week in 2016.

UniMás averaged more viewers in primetime than the combined audience of Azteca and Estrella TV among Total Viewers 2+ (+81% adv.) including two times more Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.

Source: Nielsen, NPM (09/25/2017-10/01/2017 vs. 09/19/2016-09/25/2016) Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, Live+SD. Time-period comparisons for weeknight series based on (Mon, Thu, Fri 8pm-11pm).

Related Articles

Press

ViX+ Announces Season Finale Date and Second Season Renewal of LA NOCHE DEL DIABLITO

Press

Univision’s DE NOCHE PERO SIN SUEÑO features Reggaeton Sensation Ozuna and Actress Michelle Renaud this Sundayy

Please enter a valid e-mail address.
Sign me up for
Weekly Hispanic segment insights
Get the latest news from Univision
The latest from the Univision Sports team
Learn from our experts on Hispanic consumers

Thank you, you'll be receiving newsletter updates from us in your email inbox.

Loading