Special Airing of “DACA ¿Y Ahora Qué?” Positioned Univision as the Top Spanish-Language Pick for the Time-Period
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights
Week of September 4, 2017 to September 10, 2017
Univision’s entire Weekday series lineup strengthened its Adults 18-34 viewership, growing its audience week-over-week.
- Univision’s 8pm series, “Enamorándome de Ramón” (Falling in love with Ramón) helped Univision rank as the No. 1 Spanish-language network during the weekday 8pm hour among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34. “Enamorándome de Ramón” grew its audience over the previous week with Adults 18-34 (+8% to 349,000) and attracted 1.5 million Total Viewers 2+ and 662,000 Adults 18-49.
- In its third week on air, Univision’s 9pm series “Mi Marido Tiene Familia” (My Husband Has Family) secured Univision as the No. 3 network in the time-period, out-delivering ABC (+12%), FOX (+29%) and CBS (+8%). In fact, “Mi Marido Tiene Familia” grew its week-to-week audience among Total Viewers 2+ (+8% to 1.8 million), Adults 18-49 (+9% to 783,000) and Adults 18-34 (+13% to 382,000).
- Univision’s 10pm epic drama “La Tierra Prometida” (The Promised Land) helped Univision rank No. 3 with Adults 18-34 and No. 4 with Adults 18-49, beating CBS with both demographics during the 9pm hour. “La Tierra Prometida” grew its audience week-to-week among Total Viewers 2+ (+4% to 1.7 million), Adults 18-49 (+13% to 679,000) and Adults 18-34 (+23% to 300,000).
Univision out-delivered one or more of the English-Language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on six out of seven nights this past week among Adults 18-34 and on three out of seven nights with Adults 18-49.
- On Monday night, Univision outperformed CBS (+37%) and FOX (+22%) by double-digit margins, ranking No. 4 for the night with Adults 18-34. This marks the sixteenth consecutive Monday that Univision out-delivered CBS among Adults 18-34.
- Univision held a substantial double-digit advantage over FOX (+61%)and CBS (+42%) on Tuesday night, ranking No. 4 with Adults 18-34. Univision also attracted +33% more Adults 18-49 than FOX on Tuesday.
- At 8pm, a special airing of “DACA ¿Y Ahora Qué?” attracted 1.6 million Total Viewers 2+, 725,000 Adults 18-49 and 334,000 Adults 18-34. Not only did the special airing rank among the top 20 programs for the night with both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34, but solidified Univision as the top Spanish-language pick in the hour.
- On Wednesday night Univision held a +41% advantage over ABC with Adults 18-34.
- On Thursday night Univision rose to the No. 4 network among Adults 18-34, beating ABC with both Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49.
- Univision attracted more than half the Adults 18-34 viewers versus ABC (+75%) and bested FOX by double-digit margins (+23%).
- With Adults 18-49, Univision averaged +2% more viewers than ABC.
- Airing its regularly scheduled lineup, Univision reigned No. 1 for the second consecutive Friday night among Adults 18-34. Univision also out performed CBS and FOX for the night, ranking No. 4 with Adults 18-49.
- Univision averaged more than double the Adults 18-34 of FOX (+199%) and CBS (+150%), and significantly outperformed NBC (+40%) and ABC (+34%).
- With Univision’s 9pm series “Mi Marido Tiene Familia” ranking as the No.1 program with Adults 18-34, Univision’s entire prime lineup were among the top seven programs for the night.
- With Adults 18-49, Univision reported substantial gains over FOX (+67%) and CBS (+37%).
- On Saturday night Univision was the No. 4 broadcast network, outperforming CBS with both Adults 18-49 (+17%) and Adults 18-34 (+34%).
Source: Nielsen, NPM (09/04/2017-09/10/2017) vs prior week (09/04/2017-09/03/2017). Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, Live+SD. 2016/2017 Season based on most current data (09/19/2016-09/10/2017).