Univision Beats FOX and CBS in Weekday 9pm Hour Thanks to Performance of New Series “Mi Marido Tiene Familia” Among Adults 18-34
Network Beats CBS for the Entire Week Among Adults 18-34, Including the 15th Consecutive Monday
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights – Week of August 28, 2017 to September 3, 2017
Univision out-performed CBS for the entire week among Adults 18-34 (+2% adv.).
Airing Monday-Thursday this week…
- Univision’s 8pm novela, “Enamorándome de Ramón” (Falling in love with Ramón) grew its audience among Total Viewers 2+ (+1% to 1.6 million), Adults 18-49 (+3% to 704,000) and Adults 18-34 (+1% to 324,000).
- In its second week on air, Univision’s 9pm novela “Mi Marido Tiene Familia” (My Husband Has Family) attracted 1.7 million Total Viewers 2+, 720,000 Adults 18-49 and 341,000 Adults 18-34. In fact, “Mi Marido Tiene Familia” secured Univision as the No. 4 network in the time period, out-delivering FOX (+9%) and CBS (+5%)
- Univision’s 10pm epic drama “La Tierra Prometida” (The Promised Land) grew its audience week-to-week among Total Viewers 2+ (+4% to 1.6 million), Adults 18-49 (+3% to 599,000) and Adults 18-34 (+4% to 245,000). “La Tierra Prometida” helped Univision rank No. 3 in the Monday-Thursday 10pm hour among Adults 18-34 and No. 4 with Adults 18-49, beating CBS with both demographics.
Univision out-delivered one or more of the English-Language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on five out of seven nights this past week among Adults 18-34 and on three out of seven nights with Adults 18-49.
- On Monday night, Univision out-performed CBS by double-digit margins with Adults 18-34 (+30%). This marks the fifteenth consecutive Monday that Univision out-delivered CBS among Adults 18-34.
- Univision ranked as the No.4 broadcast network among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 on Tuesday night, ahead of FOX and CBS.
- Univision delivered more than half the Adults 18-34 viewers than FOX (+78%) and nearly half that of CBS (+49%).
- Univision also beat FOX by double-digit percentages among Adults 18-49 (+46%).
- On Wednesday night Univision held a +47% advantage over ABC with Adults 18-34
On Thursday night Univision rose to the No. 3 network among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34, beating FOX, NBC, and ABC in both demographics.
- Univision attracted nearly double the Adults 18-34 viewers of ABC (+96%), more than half that of NBC (+68%), and bested FOX by double-digit margins (+34%).
- With Adults 18-49, Univision averaged +29% more viewers than ABC and out-delivered both NBC and FOX by +6%.
Univision reigned No. 1 on Friday night among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 thanks to back-to-back live coverage of World Cup Qualifier matches.
- Univision averaged more than double the Adults 18-34 of FOX (+107%) and CBS (+144%), and significantly out-performed NBC (+94%) and ABC (+77%).
- In the current season, Univision is the top pick over FOX among Adults 18-34. Univision attracted more Adults 18-34 viewers than FOX on 41 out of 50 Friday nights, 82% of the nights this season-to-date.
- With Adults 18-49, Univision beat its closest competitor, NBC by +21% and reported substantial gains over FOX (+72%), CBS (+68%), and ABC (+29%).
Source: Nielsen, NPM (08/28/2017-09/03/2017) vs prior week (08/21/2017-08/27/2017). Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, Live+SD. 2016/2017 Season based on most current data (09/19/2016-09/03/2017).