Network Beats CBS on Three Nights Among Adults 18-34, Including the Thirteenth Consecutive Monday
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights
Week of August 14, 2017 to August 20, 2017
Univision beat FOX for the fifth consecutive week among Adults 18-34 (+7%).
Univision out-ranked FOX during the Monday-Friday 9pm hour with Adults 18-34 (+34%) and Adults 18-49 (+4%). In its finale week, “La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo” (The Double Life of Estela Carrillo) attracted 1.7 million Total Viewers 2+ (+7%), 678,000 Adults 18-49 (+6%) and 289,000 Adults 18-34 (+3%), up week-to-week.
In its second week on air, Univision’s epic drama “La Tierra Prometida” (The Promised Land) secured Univision as the No. 4 network in the weekday 10pm hour with Adults 18-34, beating CBS (+2%). “La Tierra Prometida” attracted 1.5 million Total Viewers 2+, 578,000 Adults 18-49 and 232,000 Adults 18-34.
Univision out-delivered one or more of the English-Language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on five out of seven nights this past week among Adults 18-34 and on three out of seven nights with Adults 18-49.
- On Monday night, Univision outperformed CBS by double-digit margins with Adults 18-34 (+22%). This marks the thirteenth consecutive Monday that Univision out-delivered CBS among Adults 18-34.
- Univision ranked as the No.4 broadcast network among Adults 18-34 on Tuesday night, and finished the night ahead of FOX with both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- Univision delivered substantially more Adults 18-34 viewers than FOX (+68%) and beat CBS by (+4%).
- Univision also beat FOX by double-digit percentages among Adults 18-49 (+35%).
- On Thursday night Univision ranked No. 4, beating ABC (+4%) with Adults 18-34.
- Univision rose to the No. 3 position among Adults 18-34 on Friday night, and beat FOX among Adults 18-49.
- Univision out-delivered FOX (+31%), NBC (+17%) and ABC (+2%) with Adults 18-34.
- In the current season, Univision is the top pick over FOX among Adults 18-34. Univision attracted more Adults 18-34 viewers than FOX on 39 out of 48 Friday nights, 81% of the nights this season-to-date.
- With Adults 18-49, Univision beat FOX by +16%.
- Airing back-to-back Liga MX soccer matches on Saturday night, Univision ranked No. 3 with Adults 18-34 and rose to the No. 4 position with Adults 18-49, beating FOX in both demographics.
- With Adults 18-49, Univision significantly outperformed FOX (+78%).
- Univision also delivered more than half the viewers of FOX (+82%) and outperformed CBS (+34%).
Source: Nielsen, NPM (08/14/2017-08/20/2017) vs prior week (08/07/2017-08/13/2017). Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, Live+SD. 2016/2017 Season based on most current data (09/19/2016-08/20/2017).