“José de Egipto’s” Epic Growth Led Univision to be the No. 1 Spanish-Language Network in the 8:00 p.m. Hour for the Third Consecutive Week in Key Demographics
Univision is the No. 1 Spanish-Language Network for the Eighteenth Consecutive Week
Univision Beat FOX for the Entire Week Among Adults 18-34
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights
Week of July 31, 2017 to August 6, 2017
Airing “José de Egipto” (Joseph of Egypt), Univision out-ranked FOX as the No. 4 broadcast network during the weekday 8pm hour among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34. “José de Egipto” grew its audience for the third consecutive week with Total Viewers 2+ (+6% to 2.3 million) and Adults 18-49 (+2% to 916,000). “José de Egipto” was also the top Spanish-language pick among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 for the weekday 8pm hour.
In the current week, Univision was the No. 1 Spanish-language network among Total Viewers 2+, beating its competitor by (+9%).
- 2016/2017 season to-date, Univision continues to be the No. 1 Spanish-language network among Total Viewers 2+, outperforming its closest Spanish-language competitor for eighteen consecutive weeks.
- 2016/2017 season to-date, Univision continues to be the No. 1 Spanish-language network among Adults 18-49
Univision beat FOX for the entire week among Adults 18-34 (+7%).
Univision maintained its advantage over FOX during the Monday-Friday 9pm hour with Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49. “La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo” (The Double Life of Estela Carrillo) attracted 1.7 million Total Viewers 2+, 661,000 Adults 18-49 and 269,000 Adults 18-34.
During the Weekday 10pm hour, Univision was the No. 4 network with Adults 18-34, beating CBS (+19%).
Univision out-delivered one or more of the English-Language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on six out of seven nights this past week among both Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49.
On Monday night, Univision outperformed CBS and FOX as the No. 4 broadcast network Adults 18-34 and beat CBS with Adults 18-49.
- Univision surpassed CBS (+46%) and FOX (+2%) with Adults 18-34. This marks the ninth consecutive Monday that Univision out-delivered FOX and eleventh beating CBS among Adults 18-34.
- Univision also beat CBS (+12%) by double-digit margins among Adults 18-49, the third consecutive Monday.
Univision was the No. 3 broadcast network among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 for the third consecutive Tuesday night ahead of ABC, CBS, and FOX in both demographics.
- Univision delivered substantially more Adults 18-34 viewers than FOX (+21%), ABC (+39%) and CBS (+26%).
- Univision also averaged more Adults 18-49 than FOX (+27%), ABC (+4%) and CBS (+6%).
On Wednesday night Univision was the No. 4 network among Adults 18-34 and beat ABC with Adults 18-49.
- Univision held a strong advantage over ABC (+86%) with Adults 18-34 viewers and outperformed NBC by (+15%). Among Adults 18-49, Univision also edged out ABC by (+4%).
On Thursday night Univision ranked No. 4, beating FOX (+7%) and ABC (+51%) with Adults 18-34. Univision also out-delivered ABC (+11%) with Adults 18-49.
Univision maintained its position as the No. 4 broadcast network among Adults 18-34 on Friday night and rose to No. 4 with Adults 18-49, outperforming CBS and FOX in both demographics.
- In the current season, Univision is the top pick over FOX among Adults 18-34. Univision attracted more Adults 18-34 viewers than FOX on 37 out of 46 Friday nights, 80% of the nights this season-to-date.
- With Adults 18-49, Univision beat FOX (+33%) and CBS (+11%) by double-digit percentages. Univision also averaged more than half the Adults 18-34 viewers of CBS (+75%) and beat FOX by +4%.
Airing back-to-back Liga MX soccer matches on Saturday night, Univision rose to the No. 3 Network position with Adults 18-34 and ranked No. 4 with Adults 18-49, beating FOX and CBS in both demographics.
- With Adults 18-49, Univision delivered more than double the audience of FOX (+147%) and significantly outperformed CBS (+24%).
- Univision also delivered more than triple the Adults 18-34 viewers of FOX (+261%), more than double that of CBS (+132%), and held a double-digit percentage advantage over NBC (+36%).
Source: Nielsen, NPM (07/31/2017-08/06/2017) vs prior week (07/24/2017-07/30/2017). Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, Live+SD. 2016/2017 Season based on most current data (09/19/2016-08/06/2017).