Univision is No. 1 for the Entire Weekend – Beating ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC Among Adults 18-34 and No. 2 with Adults 18-49, Ahead of ABC, NBC and FOX
Univision is the No. 1 Spanish-Language Network for the Fifteenth Consecutive Week
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights
Week of July 10, 2017 to July 16, 2017
For the entire weekend, Univision finished as the No. 1 broadcast network, regardless of language, with Adults 18-34 and No. 2 among Adults 18-49.
- Univision was the top pick with Adults 18-34, beating ABC (+35%), FOX (+125%), NBC (+90%), and CBS (+16%).
- Univision outperformed FOX (+89%), NBC (+37%), and ABC among Adults 18-49.
In the current week, Univision was the No. 1 Spanish-language network among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34. Univision posted double-digit percentage advantages over its competitor among Total Viewers 2+ (+36%), Adults 18-49 (+20%) and Adults 18-34 (+14%).
- 2016/2017 season to-date, Univision continues to be the No. 1 Spanish-language network among Total Viewers 2+, outperforming its closest Spanish-language competitor for fifteen consecutive weeks.
- 2016/2017 season to-date, Univision continues to be the No. 1 Spanish-language network among Adults 18-49
Growing its audience week-over-week, “José de Egipto” (Joseph of Egypt) attracted 1.9 million Total Viewers 2+ (+14%), 757,000 Adults 18-49 (+8%) and 307,000 Adults 18-34 (+8%). “José de Egipto” was also the top Spanish-language pick among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 for the weekday 8pm hour.
Following at 9pm Monday-Friday, “La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo” (The Double Life of Estela Carrillo) grew its audience by double digit margins over the previous week, averaging 1.7 million Total Viewers 2+ (+18%), 685,000 Adults 18-49 (+12%) and 316,000 Adults 18-34 (+23%).
Univision out-delivered one or more of the English-Language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on every night this past week among Adults 18-34 and four out of seven nights with Adults 18-49.
- On Monday night, Univision outperformed CBS and FOX as the No. 4 broadcast network among Adults 18-34. Univision surpassed CBS (+51%) and FOX (+6%) with Adults 18-34.
- This marks the seventh consecutive Monday that Univision out-delivered CBS among Adults 18-34.
- Univision was the No. 4 broadcast network on Tuesday night with Adults 18-34, ahead of CBS (+31%) and ABC (+38%).
- On Wednesday night Univision beat NBC (+21%) by double-digit margins among Adults 18-34.
- Univision rose to the No. 3 network position on Thursday night with Adults 18-34 and No. 4 with Adults 18-49, outperforming ABC in both demographics.
- Univision significantly outperformed ABC (+69%) with Adults 18-34 and held strong advantage over FOX (+18%).
- Univision also beat ABC by +9% with Adults 18-49.
- On Friday night, Univision out-delivered FOX and CBS with both Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49, ranking as the No. 3 network with Adults 18-34 and No. 4 among Adults 18-49.
- With Adults 18-49, Univision edged out FOX and CBS by +1%. Univision also held a double-digit percentage advantage over CBS (+95%), FOX (+48%) and ABC (+12%) among Adults 18-34.
- In the current season, Univision is the top pick over FOX among Adults 18-34. Univision attracted more Adults 18-34 viewers than FOX on 34 out of 43 Friday nights, 79% of the nights this season-to-date.
- Univision was the No. 1 broadcast network on Saturday night with Adults 18-34 and No. 3 with Adults 18-49.
- Univision more than doubled the Adults 18-34 audience of FOX (+138%), attracted more than half the viewers of CBS (+52%), and beat both ABC and NBC by +33%.
- Among Adults 18-49, Univision reported a significant advantage over FOX (+67%) and beat CBS by +3%.
- Airing back-to-back live soccer matches, Univision held the No. 1 network position for the second consecutive Sunday night among Adults 18-34 and rose to No. 2 with Adults 18-49.
- For the second consecutive Sunday, Univision more than doubled the Adults 18-34 audience of NBC (+118%) and FOX (+130%) and outperformed ABC (+34%) and CBS (+7%).
- Univision averaged more than double the Adults 18-49 audience of FOX (+104%), delivered more than half of NBC (+57%) and edged out ABC (+1%).
Source: Nielsen, NPM (07/10/2017-07/16/2017) vs prior week (07/03/2017-07/09/2017). Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, Live+SD. 2016/2017 Season based on most current data (09/19/2016-07/16/2017).