Univision is the No. 1 Spanish-Language Network, Outperformed Closest Spanish-Language Competitor for Eleven Consecutive Weeks Among Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49 in Prime Time
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights
Week of June 12, 2017 to June 18, 2017
In the current 2016/2017 season, Univision continues to be the No. 1 Spanish-language network among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34, as well as the fifth most-watched broadcast network during primetime with Adults 18-34.
- Univision has outperformed its closest Spanish-language competitor for eleven consecutive weeks. In the current week, Univision posted double-digit percentage advantages over its competitor among Total Viewers 2+ (+50%), Adults 18-49 (+34%) and Adults 18-34 audience (+36%).
Univision finished the week as the No. 4 broadcast network among Adults 18-34, ahead of CBS (+38%).
During the Monday-Thursday 8pm hour, Univision secured its position as the No. 3 broadcast network, beating CBS (+39%) for the third consecutive week and edging out FOX (+1%) with Adults 18-34. “La Reina de la Canción” (The Queen of Song) posted its fifth consecutive week of growth among Adults 18-49 (+5% to 739,000).
“La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo” (The Double Life of Estela Carrillo) helped Univision rank as the No. 3 broadcast network among Adults 18-34 and No. 4 with Adults 18-49 during the Monday-Friday 9pm hour. Univision posted a substantial lead over FOX (+26%) and CBS (+41%) with Adults 18-34 and out-delivered FOX by +11%) with Adults 18-49. “La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo” averaged 1.7 million Total Viewers 2+, 727,000 Adults 18-49 and 281,000 Adults 18-34.
Weeknights from 10pm to 11pm, Univision was the No. 2 broadcast network among Adults 18-34 and ranked No. 3 with Adults 18-49, beating CBS in both demographics.
- “La Piloto” (The Pilot) attracted 1.5 million Total Viewers 2+, 704,000 Adults 18-49 and 274,000 Adults 18-34.
- With Adults 18-34, Univision outperformed ABC (+8%) and CBS (+66%). Univision also held an +12% advantage over CBS among Adults 18-49.
Univision out-delivered one or more of the English-Language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on six out of seven nights among Adults 18-34 and on three nights with Adults 18-49.
- On Monday night Univision outperformed CBS (+57%) as the No. 4 broadcast network among Adults 18-34 for the third consecutive Monday.
- Univision was the No. 2 network on Tuesday night among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34, beating ABC, CBS and FOX by double-digit margins in both demographics.
- With Adults 18-49, Univision delivered more viewers than ABC (+10%), CBS (+28%) and FOX (+60%) for the night.
- Univision averaged nearly double the Adults 18-34 viewers of CBS (+99%) and significantly out-delivered FOX (+88%) and ABC (+43%).
- On Wednesday night Univision maintained its position as the No. 2 network among Adults 18-34, beating both ABC and CBS for the third consecutive week. Furthermore, Univision posted double-digit advantages over CBS (+34%) while beating both ABC and NBC by +2% with Adult 18-34.
- On Thursday night Univision ranked No. 2 among Adults 18-34 and rose to the No. 4 position with Adults 18-49.
- Only behind ABC, Univision bested its next closest competitor NBC by +20% and posted double-digit percentage advantages over FOX (+89%) and CBS (+31%) among Adults 18-34.
- Univision was ahead of FOX among Adults 18-49, nearly doubling its Adults 18-49 viewership for the night (+94%).
- On Friday night, Univision was the No. 2 broadcast network with Adults 18-34 and maintained its No. 4 rank with Adults 18-49, besting FOX in both demographics.
- With Adults 18-49, Univision beat FOX by +53%.
- Univision averaged nearly double the Adults 18-34 viewers of FOX (+95%) and held double-digit percentage advantage over CBS (+22%) and ABC (+28%).
- In the current season, Univision is the top pick over FOX among Adults 18-34. Univision attracted more Adults 18-34 viewers than FOX on 30 out of 39 Friday nights, 77% of the nights this season-to-date.
- Univision was the No. 4 broadcast network on Sunday night, beating CBS with Adults 18-34.
Source: Nielsen, NPM (06/12/2017-06/18/2017) vs prior week (06/05/2017-06/11/2017). Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, Live+SD. 2016/2017 Season based on most current data (09/19/2016-06/18/2017).