Univision is the No. 1 Spanish-Language Network, Outperforming Closest Spanish-Language Competitor for Ten Consecutive Weeks Among Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49 in Prime Time
Finished the Week as the No. 3 Network Among Both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34, Ahead of CBS and FOX
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights
Week of June 5, 2017 to June 11, 2017
Univision finished the week as the No. 3 broadcast network among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34, ahead of CBS and FOX.
In the current 2016/2017 season, Univision continues to be the No. 1 Spanish-language network among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34, as well as the fifth most-watched broadcast network during primetime with Adults 18-34.
- Univision has outperformed its closest Spanish-language competitor for ten consecutive weeks. In the current week, Univision nearly doubled the audience of its competitor among Total Viewers 2+ (+96%) and Adults 18-49 (+99%) while averaging more than twice the Adults 18-34 audience (+112%).
During the Monday-Thursday 8pm hour, Univision secured its position as the No. 4 broadcast network, beating CBS (+6%) with Adults 18-34 for the second consecutive week. “La Reina de la Canción” (The Queen of Song) posted its fourth consecutive week of growth among Adults 18-49 (+1% to 701,000) and grew +4% with Adults 18-34 (to 309,000).
“La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo” (The Double Life of Estela Carrillo) helped Univision rank as the No. 3 broadcast network during the Monday-Friday 9pm hour, beating CBS (+38%) and FOX (+19%) with Adults 18-34. “La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo” averaged 1.7 million Total Viewers 2+, 750,000 Adults 18-49 and 314,000 Adults 18-34.
Weeknights from 10pm to 11pm, Univision was the No. 2 broadcast network among Adults 18-34 and ranked No. 3 with Adults 18-49, beating CBS in both demographics.
- “La Piloto” (The Pilot) attracted 1.5 million Total Viewers 2+, 732,000 Adults 18-49 and 313,000 Adults 18-34.
- With Adults 18-34, Univision outperformed ABC (+12%) and CBS (+74%). Univision also held an +5% advantage over CBS among Adults 18-49.
Univision out-delivered one or more of the English-Language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on five out of seven nights among Adults 18-34 and on three nights with Adults 18-49.
- On Monday night Univision outperformed CBS (+45%) as the No. 4 broadcast network among Adults 18-34 for the second consecutive week.
- Univision rose to the No. 2 position on Tuesday night, beating both ABC (+29%), CBS (+45%) and FOX (+42%) with Adults 18-34. Univision also clinched the No. 4 rank among Adults 18-49, beating FOX by double-digit margins (+35%).
- On Wednesday night Univision out-delivered both ABC and CBS for the second consecutive week. In fact, among Adults 18-34 Univision posted double-digit advantages over NBC (+32%) and CBS (+64%) with Adult 18-34.
- Among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34, Univision was the No. 3 broadcast network for the second consecutive Friday night besting FOX and CBS in both demographics.
- With Adults 18-49, Univision beat FOX by +67% while maintaining a +5% advantage over CBS.
- Univision averaged more than double the Adults 18-34 viewers of FOX (+115%) and posted a (+49%) advantage over CBS with Adults 18-34.
- In the current season, Univision is the top pick over FOX among Adults 18-34. Univision attracted more Adults 18-34 viewers than FOX on 29 out of 38 Friday nights, 76% of the nights this season-to-date.
- Univision was the No. 2 broadcast network on Sunday night, beating ABC and CBS with both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- At 7pm “Nosotros Los Guapos” averaged 767,000 Total Viewers 2+, 334,000 Adults 18-49 and 120,000 Adults 18-34.
- Following at 7:30pm Univision’s pre-game show “Fútbol Central” more than doubled the audience of its lead-in and delivered 1.6 million Total Viewers 2+ (103%), 789,000 Adults 18-49 (+136%) and 304,000 Adults 18-34 (+153%).
- Strengthening Univision’s position on Sunday night, the 8pm World Cup Qualifier match featured the Mexican National Team as they faced off against the US Men’s National Team. Ending in a 1-1 draw, the match reached 8.5 Million Total Viewers 2+ and attracted 4.2 million Total Viewers 2+, 2.3 million Adults 18-49 and 1.0 million Adults 18-34. Sunday night’s match was the top World Cup Qualifier match in any language on any network in over four years (since 3/26/13) and the No. 2 program with both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 on Sunday night.
- Finishing with a special 10:30pm telecast of “Contacto Deportivo”, Univision delivered 2.2 million Total Viewers 2+, 1.2 million Adults 18-49 and 621,000 Adults 18-34. “Contacto Deportivo” was the No. 4 program among Adults 18-34 and No. 6 with Adults 18-49 for the night.
Source: Nielsen, NPM (06/05/2017-06/11/2017) vs prior week (05/29/2017-06/04/2017). Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, Live+SD. 2016/2017 Season based on most current data (09/19/2016-06/11/2017). Reach based on NPM Fast Cume, Persons 2+, 1+ minute qualified audience (short term and long term visitors included). Live+SD.