Top Spanish-Language Network in Prime Time for Six Consecutive Weeks, Univision Nearly Doubles the Audience of its Closest Competitor Across Key Demographics
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights
Week of May 8, 2017 to May 14, 2017
In the current 2016/2017 season, Univision continues to be the No. 1 Spanish-language network among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 season-to-date and for the sixth consecutive week, as well as the fifth most-watched broadcast network during primetime with Adults 18-34.
- For the week, Univision outperformed its closest Spanish-language competitor by +93% among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
Univision’s weekday telenovela lineup…
- At 9pm Univision premiered its new telenovela, “La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo” (The Double Life of Estela Carrillo).
- The Monday night premiere reached 4.3 Million Total Viewers 2+ and attracted 2.5 Million Total Viewers 2+, 1.2 Million Adults 18-49 and 515,000 Adults 18-34. In fact, the Monday night premiere was the fourth most watched program for the night among Adults 18-34 and among the top 10 programs with Adults 18-49 (#9).
- In its first full week, “La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo” averaged 1.9 million Total Viewers 2+, 886,000 Adults 18-49 and 390,000 Adults 18-34, delivering more than double the audience of its closest Spanish-language competitor in the Mon-Fri 9pm hour.
- Univision was the No. 2 broadcast network among Adults 18-34, ahead of ABC (+38%) and CBS (+11%) during the weeknight 10pm to 11pm hour. Airing “La Piloto” (The Pilot), Univision attracted 1.7 Million Total Viewers 2+, 825,000 Adults 18-49 and 357,000 Adults 18-34.
Univision out-delivered one or more of the English-Language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on four out of seven nights among Adults 18-34 and two nights with Adults 18-49.
- On Monday night Univision outperformed both FOX (+18%) and CBS (+37%) as the No. 3 broadcast network among Adults 18-34. Univision kicked off the night airing the finale of “Vino El Amor” (Then Came Love) at 8pm. The one-hour finale averaged 2.6 million Total Viewers 2+, 1.2 million Adults 18-49 and 521,000 Adults 18-34, tripling the audience of its closest Spanish-language competitor.
- Univision was the No. 4 broadcast network on Thursday night, beating FOX (+5%) among Adults 18-34.
- For the fifth consecutive Friday night Univision ranked as the No. 4 broadcast network with Adults 18-49, averaging double the Adults 18-49 viewers of FOX (+100%).
- Among Adults 18-34, Univision was the No. 2 broadcast network. Univision averaged nearly triple the Adults 18-34 viewers of FOX (+191%), beat ABC (+27%) by double-digit margins, and out-delivered NBC (+8%) on Friday night.
- In the current season, Univision is the top pick over FOX among Adults 18-34. Univision attracted more Adults 18-34 viewers than FOX on 25 out of 34 Friday nights, 74% of the nights this season-to-date.
- On Saturday night Univision was the No. 2 broadcast network with both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34, only behind NBC.
- With Adults 18-49, Univision out-delivered ABC (+9%), CBS (+13%) and FOX (+67%).
- Univision beat ABC (+27%), CBS (+66%) and FOX (+55%) by double-digit margins among Adults 18-34.
Source: Nielsen, NPM (05/08/2017-05/14/2017) vs prior week (05/01/2017-05/07/2017). Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, Live+SD. 2016/2017 Season based on most current data (09/19/2016-05/14/2017). Reach based on NPM Fast Cume, Persons 2+, 1+ minute qualified audience (short term and long term visitors included). Live+SD.