Univision’s Monday- Friday Lineup Reported Double-Digit Percentage Gains in Every Hour Over the Previous Week with Adults 18-49
For Both the Week and Season-To-Date, Univision Ranks as the No. 1 Spanish-Language Network in Primetime Among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights
Week of April 17, 2017 to April 23, 2017
Univision finished the week as the No. 3 Broadcast network, besting CBS (+4%) and FOX (+9%) among Adults 18-34.
Univision’s Monday-Friday lineup reported double-digit percentage gains in every hour over the previous week with Adults 18-49.
- In search of the next Regional Mexican-genre diva, Univision’s new talent competition “La Reina de la Canción” (The Queen of the Song), reached 3.5 Million Total Viewers 2+ during its Monday night premiere. Hosted by Alejandra Espinoza, “La Reina de la Canción” attracted 1.5 million Total Viewers 2+, 699,000 Adult 18-49 and 311,000 Adult 18-34 viewers when airing Monday-Thursday at 8pm. In fact, in its first week “La Reina de la Canción” increased the Monday-Thursday 8pm hour by +11% among Adults 18-49 and +22% among Adults 18-34 compared to the prior week.
- Univision’s “Vino El Amor” (Then Came Love) grew its audience by double-digit margins among both Total Viewers 2+ (+11% to 2.1 Million) and Adults 18-49 (+10% to 880,000). “Vino El Amor” made Univision the fourth most watched broadcast network with Adults 18-49 in the weeknight 9pm hour, ahead of FOX. Among Adults 18-34, Univision clinched the No. 3 broadcast network rank, beating both CBS (+4%) and FOX (+19%) in the weeknight 9pm hour. “Vino El Amor” also increased its week-to-week Adults 18-34 audience by +9% (to 381,000).
- Univision was the No. 1 broadcast network among Adults 18-34, ahead of ABC (+27%), CBS (+8%) and NBC (+8%) during the weeknight 10pm to 11pm. Airing “La Piloto” (The Pilot), Univision reported double-digit percentage growth with Total Viewers 2+ (+11% to 1.8 Million) and Adults 18-49 (+12% to 827,000). The 10pm telenovela also grew +9% among Adults 18-34 (352,000) versus the previous week.
In the current 2016/2017 season, Univision continues to be the No. 1 Spanish-language network among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 as well as the fifth most-watched broadcast network during primetime with Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-34.
Univision out-delivered one or more of the English-Language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on five out of seven nights among Adults 18-34 and two nights with Adults 18-49.
- For the second consecutive Monday night, Univision was the No. 3 Broadcast network among Adults 18-34, ahead of CBS (+19%) and FOX (+53%). In fact, Univision has out-delivered FOX among Adults 18-34 for the past nine consecutive Monday nights.
- On Thursday Univision out-delivered NBC by double-digit margins (+10%), ranking as the No. 4 Broadcast network among Adults 18-34.
- Univision was the No. 1 Broadcast network on Friday night among Adults 18-34 and ranked No. 4 with Adults 18-49.
- Among Adults 18-34, Univision beat ABC (+18%), CBS (+53%) and FOX (+70%) by double-digit margins.
- Season to-date, Univision out-ranks FOX on Friday nights, averaging more Adults 18-34 viewers than FOX for the last 18 consecutive Friday nights.
- Univision beat FOX by +15% among Adults 18-49, out-delivering FOX for the tenth consecutive Friday night.
- Univision held the No. 2 broadcast network rank among Adults 18-34 on Saturday night, attracting more Adults 18-34 than ABC (+26%), CBS (+82%) and FOX (+116%). Univision also ranked No. 3 among Adults 18-49, out-delivering ABC (+4%) and FOX (+52%).
- On Sunday night Univision beat CBS with Adults 18-34 (+4%) to rank as the No. 4 broadcast network for the night.
- At 7pm “Aquí y Ahora” (Here and Now) attracted 1.2 Million Total Viewers 2+, 452,000 Adults 18-49 and 169,000 young Adults 18-34.
- At 8pm the Univision premiere “El Chapo,” the story of the man accused of running “the world’s largest drug-trafficking organization” Joaquin ‘El Chapo’ Guzman, reached 4.6 Million Total Viewers 2+. The two-hour premiere averaged 1.7 million Total Viewers 2+, 863,000 Adults 18-49 and 388,000 Adults 18-34. The premiere made Univision the No. 2 broadcast network during the 8pm-10pm time period, out-performing ABC, CBS and FOX among Adults 18-34.
Following at 10pm, Univision aired a special preview of “La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo,” (The Double Life of Estela Carrillo) and delivered 1.3 million Total Viewers 2+, 648,000 Adults 18-49 and 259,000 Adults 18-34. The 10pm telecast helped Univision outperform ABC and CBS in the 10pm hour, to rank No. 2 among Adults 18-34.
Source: Nielsen, NPM (04/17/2017-04/23/2017) vs prior week (04/10/2017-04/16/2017). Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, Live+SD. 2016/2017 Season based on most current data (09/19/2016-04/23/2017). Reach based on NPM Fast Cume, Persons 2+, 1+ minute qualified audience (short term and long term visitors included).