For Entire Week, Univision Finished as the No. 1 Spanish-Language Network in Primetime, Out-Delivering Its Closest Competitor by Double-Digit Margins Among Both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights
Week of March 20, 2017 to March 26, 2017
- Last week, Univision finished as the fifth most-watched broadcast network in primetime for the entire week with 1.7 million Total Viewers 2+, 745,000 Adults 18-49 and 324,000 young Adults 18-34.
- Univision ranked as the No. 1 Spanish-language network during primetime for the entire week, out-delivering its closest competitor by +27% among Total Viewers 2+, +16% among Adults 18-49 and +19% among young Adults 18-34.
- Univision out-delivered one or more of the English-Language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on five out of seven nights last week among Adults 18-34.
- In its third week, Univision’s “La Piloto” (The Pilot) delivered 1.7 million Total Viewers 2+, 77,000 Adults 18-49 and 338,000 Adults 18-34 while also made it the No. 3 broadcast network during the weeknight 10pm hour, outperforming both ABC and NBC with strong audience advantages of +5% and +42%, respectively with young Adult 18-34 viewers.
- Friday night’s live coverage of the soccer match between México and Costa Rica drew in 3.1 million Total Viewers 2+ and positioned Univision as the No. 2 broadcast network, ahead of ABC, NBC, FOX and CW for the entire night among young Adults 18-34 as well as the No. 3 broadcast network among Adults 18-49, out-delivering ABC, FOX and CW. The sports event was also the third highest-rated program on broadcast television on this night in both the key 18-49 (1.7 million) and 18-34 (768,000) demographics.
- Univision has outperformed both NBC and FOX on every single Friday night during first quarter of 2017 among young Adults 18-34 while also averaged more Adult 18-49 viewers than FOX on twelve out of the thirteen Friday nights in the quarter.
- On Saturday night, Univision averaged more young Adult 18-34 (+12% adv.) and Adult 18-49 (+8% adv.) viewers than FOX for the entire night, marking the seventh consecutive Saturday night that it outperformed FOX across both demographics.
- Univision’s “Crónicas De Sábado” attracted 1.2 million Total Viewers 2+, 563,000 Adults 18-49 and 236,000 young Adults 18-34. With week-to-week audience gains of +9%, “Crónicas De Sábado” out-delivered the first-run episode of CBS’ “48 Hours” by +13% while also ranked as the second most-watched program on all of broadcast television on Saturday night among young Adults 18-34.
- Airing from 7pm to 8pm on Sunday nights, “Notanserio Univision” (NotSoSerious Univision) delivered 1.2 million Total Viewers 2+ with strong week-to-week audience gains among Adults 18-49 (+14% to 503,000) and young Adults 18-34 (+10% to 190,000).
- Univision’s “Aquí y Ahora” (Here and Now) averaged more viewers than the first-run episode of ABC’s “American Crime” and positioned Univision as the No. 3 broadcast network during the Sunday 10pm to 11pm time slot in both the key 18-34 (243,000 vs. 113,000; 2X more) and 18-49 (700,000 vs. 409,000; +71% adv.) demographics.
Broadcast Prime Network Rankers
Week of March 20, 2017 to Match 26, 2017
Source: Nielsen, NPM (03/20/2017-03/26/2017) Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, Live+SD.