Local Coverage of El Súper Clásico Outperformed ABC, CBS and NBC Affiliates Combined During the Time-Period Among Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Sacramento
NEW YORK – FEBRUARY 22, 2017 – Univision Deportes, the multimedia sports division of Univision Communications Inc. (UCI), the leading media company serving Hispanic America, delivered strong results with its airing of the highly anticipated Súper Clásico this past weekend, reaching 3.9 million Total Viewers 2+.
The Súper Clásico between long time rivals América and Chivas aired Saturday at 10:00 p.m. ET on Univision Network with a simulcast on UDN and averaged 2.4 million Total Viewers 2+ and 1.4 million Adults 18-49. The Súper Clásico match was the top soccer match on any network in 2017, regardless of language.
Source: Nielsen Fast Nationals, L+SD data, Reach based on 6-minute qualifier.
Coverage of the Súper Clásico match made Univision the No. 1 broadcast station during the time-period (10:00 pm-12:00 am ET, live across time zones) among:
- Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles
- Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, Houston, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
- Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, Houston, Phoenix and Sacramento
El Súper Clásico was the No. 1 broadcast program of the day among:
- Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles and Houston
- Adults 18-34 in Houston and Phoenix
Coverage of El Súper Clásico outperformed ABC, CBS and NBC affiliates combined during the time-period among:
- Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Sacramento
- Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas, Phoenix and Sacramento
Source: The Nielsen Company, NSI, El Súper Clásico on Univision (02/18/17), 10:00 pm-12:00 am ET; live game across time zones. Rankings based on absolute impressions. KMEX includes UMEX on Spectrum (formerly Time Warner Cable).