Leading Morning Shows “El Show de Omar y Argelia” Along with “El Bueno, La Mala, y el Feo” in Los Angeles plus “El Show de Raul Brindis” in Houston Outperform “On Air with Ryan Seacrest” and “The Rod Ryan Show”
NEW YORK – NOVEMBER 4, 2016 – Univision’s radio stations achieved stellar performances in October across multiple PPM markets, growing +20 percent year-over-year among total Adult 18-49. (Source: Nielsen Audio PPM Oct16 vs. Oct15, Total A18-49 AQH Persons/MSu 6a-12m, Univision Radio PPM Markets Total)
Results were driven by double-digit year-over-year audience growth in top markets such as: Los Angeles +48 percent, Phoenix +33 percent, Houston +28 percent, San Diego +32 percent, Dallas +28 percent, Las Vegas +13 percent and San Francisco +27 percent. (Nielsen Audio PPM Oct16 vs. Oct15 – Adults 18-49 AQH / MSu 6a-12m)
“Our team has had laser-focus on delivering programming that keeps our audience engaged, and our growth over the past year shows the results of our dedication,” said Ismar Santa Cruz, vice president and managing director of Radio Strategy. “Our team’s mission is to develop content that our listeners want to hear, and we continue to do so across our markets.”
Univision also ranked among the Top 5 radio stations with Total Adults 18-49, regardless of language in a total of nine markets including: Los Angeles (No. 2), Miami (No. 4), Houston (No. 1), Chicago (No. 4), Dallas (No. 2), San Antonio (No. 3), Phoenix (No. 4), San Diego (No. 5) and Las Vegas (No. 5).
Also, Univision’s morning shows and local personalities continued their winning streak this October, placing No.1 or No.2 among Total Adult 18-49, ahead of top English-language competitors in several major markets:
El Show de Omar y Argelia:
“El Show de Omar y Argelia” ranked No.1 in Los Angles for three consecutive months outperforming all other morning shows including major English-language competitor “On Air with Ryan Seacrest.” “El Show de Omar y Argelia” is the first Spanish-language show to be No.1 in the total market three months in a row since 2008. (Total Adult 18-49 AQH Persons Rankings)
El Bueno, La Mala, y El Feo:
“El Bueno, La Mala, y El Feo” ranked No.1 or No. 2 among Adults 18-49, regardless of language in the following markets:
- No.2 in Los Angeles & Austin
- No.1 in Houston (middays) for three consecutive months
- No.2 in Dallas for four consecutive months
- No.2 in San Diego for three consecutive months
- No. 1 in Las Vegas for four consecutive months
El Show de Raúl Brindis
In Houston, “El Show de Raul Brindis” has remained the city’s highest rated morning show regardless of language for more than five years, reaching larger Adult 18-49 audiences than “The Rod Ryan Show” and “Sunny Mornings with Dana and Jay and Producer Anthony.”
In San Antonio, “El Show de Raul Brindis” continues to rank No.2 regardless of language, reaching larger Adult 18-49 audiences than “J.R. & Beth in The Morning,” and “The Randy, Jamie and Jojo Show.”
Karen La Coqueta (Middays 10 am-3 pm)
In Dallas, “Karen La Coqueta” continues to be No.1 regardless of language for four consecutive months, out delivering top English radio personalities like “Raven, “Jenny Q,” and “Smokey Rivers.”
- Once again this October, Univision’s radio stations had total of 10 stations ranked No. 1 in the total week compared to the Spanish language competition in their respective markets: Los Angeles’ KLVE, Miami’s WAMR, Houston’s KLTN, Chicago’s WOJO, Dallas’ KLNO, San Francisco’s KSOL, San Antonio’s KROM, Phoenix’s KHOT, San Diego’s KLNV, and Las Vegas’ KISF.
- Additionally, for the second consecutive month Univision radio stations had the Top 3 Spanish-language radio stations in Los Angeles (KLVE, KSCA, and KRCD) and in Chicago (WOJO, WPPN, and WVIV) among A18-49 in the total week.
- Univision’s radio stations also ended the month of October with the Top 2 Spanish-language radio stations in Miami (WAMR & WRTO), Houston (KLTN & KOVE), San Francisco (KSOL & KBRG), and San Diego (KLNV & KLQV).
Source: Nielsen Audio PPM October 2016, Adults 18-49, AQH Persons, Total Week M-Su 6a-Mid, AM Drive M-F 6a-10a, Middays MF 10a-3p.
CONTACT: Yvette Pacheco firstname.lastname@example.org 646-560-4879 @UCIPRTeam