“Premios Juventud” made Univision the No. 1 Broadcast Station in the Time Period in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston and Phoenix Among Total Viewers
Ranked as the No. 1 Most Social Program on TV Yesterday Across all Broadcast and Cable Networks, Regardless of Language
NEW YORK – JULY 15, 2016 – The #TBT-themed 13th annual edition of “Premios Juventud” (Youth Awards) show, which featured an all-star lineup celebrating the good old days, reached 6.4 million Total Viewers 2+ who tuned in to all or part of the three-hour live simulcast airing on Univision and Galavisión. Univision ranked as the No. 1 broadcast network on “Premios Juventud” night for the eighth consecutive year among both Adults 18-34 and Persons 12-34, out-delivering closest competitor (CBS) by +31% and +25%, respectively, on this night.
The live telecast of the youth award show delivered an average audience of 2.8 million Total Viewers 2+, 1.5 million Adults 18-49, 739,000 Adults 18-34 and 926,000 million Persons 12-34. “Premios Juventud” was the second and third most-watched program on all of broadcast television among Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49, respectively. It out-performed the entire original line-up on FOX (“Bones” and “Home Free”), first-run episodes of ABC’s “Greatest Hits,” NBC’s “Spartan: Ultimate Team Challenge” and “Aquarius” and CW’s “Beauty and the Beast” as well as ABC’s special airing of “The President and The People: A National Convention” among both Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49.
Additionally, “Premios Juventud” attracted more Hispanic viewers in the demographic groups of Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 than the latest editions of the major English-language music award shows such as “American Music Awards,” “Billboard Music Awards,” “Country Music Awards” and the “Video Music Awards.”
Source: Nielsen, NPM, Thursday (07/14/2016) 8:00pm-11:00pm, Univision’s 13th Annual “Premios Juventud Awards” telecast based on NPM Fast National Ratings and English-language broadcast networks based on NPM Fast Affiliate Ratings. Reach based on NPM Fast Cume, Persons 2+, 6+ minute qualified audience (short term and long term visitors included). English-language award shows based on NPM-H, ABC’s “American Music Awards” (11/22/2015), “Billboard Music Awards” (05/22/2016), “Country Music Awards” (11/04/2015) and MTV’s “Video Music Awards” (08/30/2015). Live+SD.
“Premios Juventud” made Univision the No. 1 broadcast station in the 8:00pm-11:00pm (ET/PT) time period among:
- Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston and Phoenix
- Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
- Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
“Premios Juventud” was the No. 1 program of the day, regardless of language, (6:00am-2:00am) among:
- Total Viewers 2+ in Miami
- Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, Miami and Phoenix
Premios Juventud had higher viewership than ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX stations combined during the 8:00pm-11:00pm (ET/PT) time period among:
- Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49 in Miami
- Adults 18-34 in Miami, Dallas and Phoenix
Source: Nielsen, NSI, Thursday (07/14/16). Premios Juventud aired 8:00pm-11:00pm ET/PT (7:00pm-10:00pm CT/MT). Total Day is defined as Monday-Sunday 6:00am-2:00am. KMEX includes UMEX on Time Warner Cable. Live+SD.
SOCIAL MEDIA HIGHLIGHTS
- “Premios Juventud” delivered outstanding social engagement, ranking as:
- The No. 1 most social program on TV yesterday across all English and Spanish-language broadcast and cable networks (Source: Nielsen, 7/14/16, ranked on Tweets).
- “Noche de Estrellas” was the No.1 most social early-fringe program yesterday across all English and Spanish-language broadcast and cable networks (Source: Nielsen, 7/14/16, ranked on unique authors and tweets).
- @PremiosJuventud was the No.1 most mentioned account on the Top TV Series Program Accounts’ ranking (Source: Nielsen).
- “Premios Juventud” generated more tweets per unique author than The Oscars, The Grammys, The Golden Globes Awards, People’s Choice Awards, Critic’s Choice Awards and The Screen Actors Guild Awards. (Source: Nielsen Social)
- 23,047 people sent 124,981 Tweets about Premios Juventud on 7/14/16.
The “Premios Juventud” youth awards show was broadcast live on the Univision Network and featured live performances by top Latin artists. Popular celebrities from all areas of the Hispanic entertainment world handed out awards in 25 unique categories, honoring today’s hottest music, TV, film and sports stars, as chosen by fan votes. Four new social media awards were added for 2016: “My Favorite Twitter Celebrity,” “Six Seconds of Fame,” “From Cover to Cover” and “My Favorite Fan Army,” giving fans the opportunity to vote for their favorite social media celebrities and artist fan club.
Additional recaps, videos and information is available on the show’s dedicated website at PremiosJuventud.com.
CONTACT: Rosemary Mercedes 212.455.5335 firstname.lastname@example.org @UCIPRTeam