LOS ANGELES – JUNE 13, 2016 – Univision Radio closed the month of May with the top three Spanish-language radio stations in Los Angeles. Univision Radio’s owned and operated KLOVE 107.5 FM, KRCD 103.9 FM and KSCA 101.9 FM ranked No. 1, 2 and 3, respectively, with Adults 18-49 among Spanish-language stations in Total Week.
“On-air and off-air, our radio team has unparalleled focus, passion and dedication—those are the driving factors behind this great success and it is what sets Univision apart,” said Luis Patiño, senior vice president and general manager of Univision Los Angeles. “Week-after-week our team works hard to deliver the best radio programming to our listeners across the Los Angeles area.”
- KLVE 107.5 saw a listening share increase of +10% year-over-year among Adults 18-49 in Total Week.
- “El Show de Omar y Argelia” (The Omar and Argelia Show) continues to be the No. 1 Morning Show among Spanish-language listeners across all major demographics: Adults 12+, Adults 18+, Adults 18-49, Adults 25-49, Adults 25-54, as well all female listeners
- KLVE’s hosts Donaji, Ysaac Alvarez and Maria Esther each took the No. 1 spot in their respective dayparts among Adults 25-54 Spanish-language listeners.
- KRCD 103.9 FM saw an increase in overall listening share of 50% year-over-year among Total Adults 12+ in Total Week (41% among Adults 18-49, 35% among Adults 15-54)
- Mario Pessina “El Barbarazo” doubled his Adult 18-49 audience year-over-year on KRCDs Morning Drive going from a 1.7 to a 3.4 listening share
- Maria Nava’s listenership increased 42% year-over-year among Adults 18-49 during Midday.
- Veronica Rivera on KRCD claims the No. 3 spot among Adults 18-49 Spanish-language listeners in the evening.
- KSCA FM “Zona MX” 101.9 saw a share increase of 4% year-over-year among Adults 18-49 in Total Week, tying for the No. 1 Regional Mexican station in the market.
- KSCA’s Eddie G has become the No. 1 Regional Mexican show at night and is up 59% among Adults 18-49 in listening share year-over-year.
Nielsen Audio, Los Angeles Metro, May 2016, AQH Persons and shares, Rankings based on Spanish Language stations within the dayparts of Total Week M-Su 6a-12m, AM Drive M-F 6a-10a, Midday M-F 10a-3p, PM Drive M-F 3p-7p and Evening M-F 7p-12m. Growth based on AQH Share vs. May 2015