First Leg on UDN is the Most-Viewed Club Soccer Match in Cable History
NEW YORK – MAY 16, 2016 – Univision Deportes, the multimedia sports division of Univision Communications Inc. (UCI), the leading media company serving Hispanic America, delivered strong results with its airing of the Súper Clásico Liga MX quarterfinals last week, reaching 7.8 million Total Viewers 2+ between both matches.
The second leg of the Súper Clásico between América and Chivas aired Sunday at 7 p.m. ET on Univision Network with a simulcast on UDN and averaged 2.7 million Total Viewers 2+ and 1.6 million Adults 18-49.
- Viewership was the best for any Liga MX playoff match since the 2014 Apertura Final on Univision Network.
- The audience is larger than every NHL playoff game in the current 2015-16 season across all networks, regardless of language.
The first leg of the Súper Clásico aired Thursday at 9:30 p.m. on UDN and averaged 1.4 million Total Viewers 2+ and 924,000 Adults 18-49.
- Performance was best for any club soccer match in cable history on any network, regardless of language.
- Digital highlights: The match delivered the most streams and minutes watched of any Liga MX game in UCI history, regular season or playoffs.
Source: Nielsen, NPM, L+SD data, NHL post-season thru 5/12/16, second leg based on fast nationals; reach based on fast cume with 1 minute qualifier.
Coverage of the Súper Clásico match made Univision the No. 1 broadcast station during the time period (7:00 pm-9:00 pm ET, live across time zones) among:
- Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles
- Adults 18-49 and young Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, Houston, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
Source: The Nielsen Company, NSI, El Súper Clásico (Liga MX Playoff Match) Univision (05/15/16), 7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. ET; live game across time zones. Live +SD.