Finale Reaches 5.2 Million Total Viewers 2+ During Three-Hour Broadcast
Univision Stations Rank No. 1 in the Time Period among Young Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, San Francisco and Phoenix during Finale
NEW YORK – APRIL 29, 2016 – The finale of the telenovela “Pasión y Poder” (Passion and Power) reached 5.2 million Total Viewers 2+ who tuned in to all or part of the three-hour broadcast that aired last night, Thursday, April 28th from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. EST on the Univision Network. The telecast averaged 3.1 Million Total Viewers 2+, 1.5 million Adults 18-49 and 746,000 young Adults 18-34, making Univision the No. 2 broadcast network for the entire night among young Adults 18-34, ahead of CBS, NBC and FOX. Univision also ranked as the No. 3 broadcast network, outperforming NBC and FOX among Adults 18-49 on this night.
Additionally, last night’s finale of “Pasión y Poder:”
- Delivered more Adults 18-49 than the entire original line-up on FOX (“Bones” and “American Grit”) as well as the first-run episodes of ABC’s “The Catch,” CBS’ “Rush Hour” and NBC’s “Strong” and “Game of Silence.”
- Was the fourth most-watched program on broadcast television with more young Adult 18-34 viewers than the entire original line-ups on NBC (“Strong,” “The Blacklist” and “Game of Silence”) and FOX (“Bones” and “American Grit”) as well as first-run episodes of ABC’s “The Catch” and CBS’ “The Odd Couple,” “Mom,” “2 Broke Girls” and “Rush Hour.”
In its full-run, “Pasión y Poder” averaged 2.3 million Total Viewers 2+, 1.1 million Adults 18-49 and 491,000 young Adults 18-34.
Source: Nielsen, NPM, Thursday (04/28/2016) 8pm-11pm, Univision’s “Pasión y Poder” telecast based on NPM Fast National Ratings and English-language broadcast networks based on NPM Fast Affiliate Ratings. Reach based on NPM Fast Cume, Persons 2+, 6+ minute qualified audiences (short term and long term visitors included). Live+SD.
The “Pasión y Poder” finale made Univision the No. 1 broadcast station in the 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. (EST/PST) time period among:
- Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles and Houston
- Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas, San Francisco and Phoenix
- Young Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, San Francisco and Phoenix
The “Pasión y Poder” finale was the No. 1 program of the day among:
- Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles
- Young Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles and San Francisco
The “Pasión y Poder” finale had higher viewership than ABC, CBS and NBC stations combined during the 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. (EST/PST) time period among:
- Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles
- Young Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Phoenix
Source: Nielsen, NSI, Monday (4/28/16). “Pasión y Poder” finale aired 8pm-11pm ET/PT (7pm-10pm CT/MT). Total Day is defined as Monday-Sunday 6am-2am. KMEX includes UMEX on Time Warner Cable. Live+SD.
- Univision had the No. 2 most socially-engaged audience across all English and Spanish-language broadcast networks on April 28, 2016, based on tweets per unique author, outperforming ABC, CBS and NBC, among other broadcasters.