Second Leg of Liga MX Final Outperforms All English Premier League Matches Ever Aired on NBC Sports
NEW YORK – DECEMBER 15, 2015 – Univision Deportes, the multimedia sports division of Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) that also includes UDN, the No. 1 Spanish-language sports network, delivered impressive ratings for soccer action on Sunday night with the Pumas vs. Tigres Liga MX finals match. The match aired Sunday at 9:00 p.m. ET on UniMás with a simulcast on UDN (Univision Deportes Network).
The match delivered an average of 2.8 million Total Viewers 2+ and 1.6 million Adults 18-49:
- This is the most-viewed club soccer match on any network since 2013, outperforming English Premier League (EPL), UEFA Champions League, Major League Soccer and other leagues.
- In primetime on Sunday, UDN was the No. 1 cable sports network, regardless of language, out-delivering all sports networks, including ESPN, Fox Sports 1 and NBC Sports Network, among all key demos.
- The broadcast reached 5.4 million Total Viewers who tuned into all or part of the broadcast.
- Viewership was the 2nd largest ever for a Liga MX final on UniMás, trailing only the 2009 Clausura match between Pachuca and UNAM.
- Telecast out-delivered boxing on NBC, NCAA basketball on ESPN, and the NCAA football championship on ESPN this weekend among all key demos.
The first leg of the Liga MX final with Tigres vs. UNAM aired Thursday at 9:52 p.m. on UDN. The match delivered 1.3 million Total Viewers 2+ and 792,000 Adults 18-49.
- Telecast out-delivered both NBA games on TNT (Clippers/Bulls and Knicks/Kings) Thursday night among all key demos.
- Viewership was a record for a UDN exclusive match, besting the previous record holder, the 2014 semifinal match between Monterrey and América on December 4th.
Source: Nielsen, Fast Nationals, NPM, L+SD data, most-viewed based on total GRPs, fast cume with 6 minute qualifier
Univision Deportes delivers the largest Liga MX live stream of all time.
- The second match between Pumas vs. Tigres was the most-streamed in Liga MX history.
- Nearly all (88%) of the match’s streams occurred in the Univision Deportes app.
- The match delivered over 1.0 million minutes watched.
Source: Adobe Analytics
CONTACT: Esther Mireya Tejeda, 646.560.4829, email@example.com