WLTV Finishes Sweep as South Florida’s Top-Ranked TV Station in Local News
WRTO is the No. 1 Morning Show Regardless of Language
MIAMI – DECEMBER 2, 2015 – WLTV Univision 23’s “Noticias 23” is the top rated 6 p.m. newscast in Miami among Adults 18-49, regardless of language, out-delivering all other 6 p.m. local news programs, including WSVN-FOX and WPLG-ABC.
“Noticias 23” airing Monday to Friday at 11 p.m. out-ranked all local English-language 11 p.m. newscasts in the market among South Florida Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54.
WLTV Univision 23 MIAMI Highlights:
- Anchored by Ambrosio Hernández and Alina Mayo Azze, “Noticias 23” weekdays at 6 p.m. delivered a first place finish, averaging 29,000 Adult 18-49 viewers.
- Airing weekdays at 11 p.m., “Noticias 23” also anchored by Ambrosio Hernández and Alina Mayo Azze, ranked ahead of all local English-language 11 p.m. newcasts among Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54, averaging 34,000 Adult 18-49 and 38,000 Adult 25-54 viewers, delivering 9,000 more Adults 18-49 viewers than WPLG-ABC and WFOR-CBS’s 11 p.m. newscasts combined.
- “Noticias 23 Al Amanecer” airing Monday to Friday at 6 a.m. was the No. 1 Spanish-language morning local newscast in the market among Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54.
- Sunday night reality show “La Banda” airing at 8 p.m. beat WPLG-ABC’s American Music Awards special on November 22, 2015. “La Banda” delivered 11,000 more Adults 18-49 than WPLG-ABC’s yearly special.
WRTO-FM (MIX 98.3) HIGHLIGHTS:
- WRTO-FM’s “The Enrique Santos Show” is No.1 morning show (M-F 6 a.m.-10 a.m.) in the market regardless of language among Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54.
- WRTO-FM ranks first among Spanish-language stations in all day parts among Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54. WAMR-FM, also a Univision station, ranks second.
Source: Nielsen, NSI, November15 (28 of 28 days), (10/29/15-11/25/15). Early local news is defined as local newscasts with a Mon-Fri 6 p.m. ET start time. Late Local News is defined as local newscasts with a Mon-Fri /11 p.m. ET start time; Includes regular newscasts only. Rankings based on average impressions. Univision Late News includes simulcast on UniMas. Morning local newscast is defined as Mon-Fri 6-7 a.m. La Banda reality show air Sunday nights 8p-10p, WPLG-ABC AMA (11/22/2015) 8p-11:15 p.m. Live +SD.