El Súper Clásico Delivers Most Viewed Club Soccer Match of the Season Across Networks Regardless of Language
NEW YORK – SEPTEMBER 30, 2015 – Univision Deportes, the multimedia sports division of Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) that also includes UDN, the No. 1 Spanish-language sports network, delivered the most-viewed club soccer match of the season across all networks regardless of language with El Súper Clásico on Saturday night.
Televised on Univision Network with a simulcast on UDN, the Súper Clásico match featuring Chivas and América aired Saturday at 5:55 p.m. ET, averaging 2.0 million Total Viewers 2+ and 1.1 million Adults 18-49.
- This was the biggest audience of the season for a club soccer match on any network regardless of language, averaging +54% more Adults 18-49 than the most-viewed EPL match on NBC Networks.
- The audience was larger than viewership for Notre Dame football on NBC among all key demos, as well as Major League Baseball on ESPN.
- Liga MX coverage on Univision is averaging 840,000 Persons 2+ and 434,000 Adults 18-49 per game this season, more than MLB on MLB TV, the NBA on NBA-TV last season, and NHL on NBC Sports Network last season.
Source: NPM, L+SD data, based on match windows
Regardless of language, the El Súper Clásico match on Univision was the No. 1 program all day in Los Angeles among Young Adults 18-34.
Regardless of language, Univision was the highest rated broadcast station in the time period during the Chivas and América Súper Clásico match (5:45-8:00 p.m. ET):
- Among Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles and Houston
- Among Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago, San Francisco and Phoenix
- Among Young Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Houston, Chicago, Phoenix and Sacramento
During the Chivas and América Súper Clásico match (5:45-8:00 p.m. ET), Univision stations had higher viewership than the Telemundo, Azteca, MundoFox and Estrella stations combined:
- Among Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, New York, Houston, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
- Among Young Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Houston, Chicago, Dallas, Phoenix and Sacramento
El Súper Clásico during the Liga MX Clausura season delivered year-to-year growth in 2015 vs 2014:
- Among Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles, Chicago and Sacramento
- Among Adults 18-49 and Young Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, New York, and Chicago
Source: Nielsen, NSI Overnights, 2015 Súper Clásico UNI – (09/26/15), 5:45-8:00 p.m. ET; 2014 Súper Clásico UNI – (11/01/14), 7:15-9:30 p.m. ET; Live across time zones. Rankings and growth based on average impressions. Live +SD.
CONTACT: Esther Mireya Tejeda, 646.560.4829, email@example.com