Galavisión’s Show-stopping Summer Hits Beat All English-Language Cable Entertainment Networks Including USA, FX, MTV, ABC Family, Adult Swim, Discovery and TBS among Hispanic Adults 18-49
MIAMI – SEPTEMBER 25, 2015 – Univision Communications Inc. (UCI), the leading media company serving Hispanic America, today announced that Galavisión was Hispanic America’s hottest primetime cable network from June to August 2015, with its show-stopping summer hits beating out all English-Language cable entertainment networks, including USA, FX, MTV and ABC Family, among Hispanic Adults 18-49.
“We are thrilled with how Galavisión stacked up against our competition this summer, especially the English-language cable networks,” said Alberto Ciurana, president of Programming and Content, Univision Communications Inc. “Galavisión had more Hispanic Adult viewers in primetime than any other cable entertainment network from June 2015 to August 2015, confirming that our audience is flocking to our programming over all other cable networks regardless of language. Since our redesign of Galavisión’s programming over the last year, the Network has really hit its stride as the family network for Hispanic America – our viewership this summer was up 30% among Hispanic Adults in primetime and our positioning in this extremely competitive market is as strong as ever.”
Galavisión highlights for the months of June through August 2015 include:
- Ranked as the No. 1 Entertainment Cable Network in primetime Among Hispanic Adults 18-49, regardless of language, ahead of USA, FX, MTV and ABC Family. (see chart below)
- Significantly increased Adult 18-49 Primetime audience by +30% and Total Day audience by +6% vs. the same period in 2014.
- La Familia P. Luche averaged 125,000 Adults 18-49 viewers and increased the time period performance by 40% during June – August 2015 vs. June – August 2014.
- Maria de Todos Los Angeles averaged 125,000 Adults 18-49 viewers and showed a strong 68% increase against the same time period year-to-year.
- Vecinos continued to be a powerhouse, averaging 115,000 Adults 18-49 viewers (+156% vs. the same time period last year) and 104,000 Adults 18-49 viewers (+30% vs. the same time period last year), respectively.
June – August 2015 Top Primetime Cable Entertainment Networks
|Rank||Network||Hispanic A18-49 (000)|
Source: The Nielsen Company NPM/NPMH, Live+7, 05/26/2014 – 08/31/2014, 06/01/2015 – 08/30/2015 Prime M-Su 8-11P, Total Day M-Su 7A-2A. Program based dayparts; breakouts excluded.
CONTACT: Rosemary Mercedes, 212-455-5335, email@example.com