Matchup of Liga MX Champions Bests Final Round of British Open on ESPN
NEW YORK – JULY 22, 2015 – Univision Deportes, the sports division of Univision Communications Inc., the leading media company serving Hispanic America, delivered impressive ratings for soccer action on Monday night.
On UniMás, simulcast on UDN, the Campeón de Campeones match between América and Santos aired Monday at 10:30 p.m. ET, averaging 1.1 million Total Viewers 2+ and 733,000 Adults 18-49. Match involved the winners of the past two Liga MX seasons.
- This was the biggest audience ever for a Campeón de Campeones match, outperforming prior best by more than 9 times audience size among Total Viewers 2+ and more than 7 times audience size among Adults 18-49 when compared to the 2006 tournament.
- The audience was larger than viewership for Monday’s final round of the British Open on ESPN among Adults 18-49, as well as Major League Baseball on ESPN (Mets-Nationals).
- Viewership also triumphed over the recent Wimbledon Men’s and Women’s Finals on ESPN. Campeón de Campeones match on UniMás delivered +71% more Adults 18-49 than the Women’s Final, and +6% more than the Men’s Final.
On UniMás, simulcast on UDN, the SuperCopa match between Monarcas and Puebla aired Monday at 6:30 p.m. ET, averaging 368,000 Total Viewers 2+ and 207,000 Adults 18-49. Match involved the winners of the past two Copa MX tournaments.
- Audience quadrupled compared to last year’s SuperCopa.
- The SuperCopa match on UniMás outperformed the NBA Summer League championship game broadcast on NBA TV last night, winning by +163% among Total Viewers and +218% among Adults 18-49.
Source: NPM, L+SD data, based on match windows
SOCIAL MEDIA HIGHLIGHTS
Campeón de Campeones 2015: Club América vs. Club Santos Laguna on UniMás was the most social sports episode of the night on broadcast.
Source: Nielsen, 7/20/15, Ranked on Unique Audience, Impressions, Unique Authors, and Tweets