Epic Mexico vs. Costa Rica Match Delivers Largest Audience of Tournament Averaging 4.7 Million Total Viewers 2+
NEW YORK – JULY 20, 2015 – Univision Deportes, the sports division of Univision Communications Inc., the leading media company serving Hispanic America, delivered impressive ratings for Gold Cup Quarterfinals action.
On Univision, simulcast on UDN, the Mexico vs. Costa Rica match aired Sunday at 7:30 p.m. ET, averaging 4.7 million Total Viewers 2+ and 2.7 million Adults 18-49.
- This was largest audience for a Mexico National Team match since the June 29, 2014, World Cup match between Mexico and the Netherlands on Univision.
- This was the most-viewed match of the 2015 Gold Cup tournament, as well as the most-viewed Gold Cup Quarterfinals match since 2011 on any network, regardless of language.
On Univision, simulcast on UDN, the Trinidad-Tobago vs. Panama match aired Sunday at 4:30 p.m. ET, averaging 2.1 million Total Viewers 2+ and 1.2 million Adults 18-49.
- This was the most-viewed match of the 2015 Gold Cup tournament excluding matches involving Mexico or USA, on any network, regardless of language.
Univision Deportes has reached 27.3 million Total Viewers 2+ with 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup coverage via television and digital. Univision Deportes live streaming provided 6% lift to TV viewership
Through 22 matches of the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup tournament, Univision Deportes is averaging 1.7 million Total Viewers 2+ and 984,000 Adults 18-49 per match, out-delivering its coverage of the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup by +35% among Total Viewers 2+ and by +39% among Adults 18-49.
Source: Adobe Analytics and Nielsen, NPM, Fast Nationals, L+SD data, based on match windows. Fast cume with 1 minute qualifier.
Regardless of language, coverage of the Mexico vs. Costa Rica match was the highest rated program of the entire day:
- Among Total Viewers 2+ and Young Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles and Houston
- Among Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, Miami and Houston
Regardless of language, Univision was the highest rated broadcast station in the time period during the Mexico vs. Costa Rica Gold Cup match (7:30-10:30 p.m. ET):
- Among Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles, Houston and Phoenix (tie)
- Among Adults 18-49 and Young Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
During the Mexico vs. Costa Rica Gold Cup match (7:30-10:30 p.m. ET), Univision stations had higher viewership than the ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX stations combined:
- Among Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles
- Among Adults 18-49 Los Angeles, Houston
- Among Young Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, Dallas and Phoenix
Mexico vs. Costa Rica (7:30-10:30 p.m. ET) was also the most-watched Gold Cup match on Univision since the 2011 Final among both Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles and New York.
Source: Nielsen, NSI Overnights, (07/19/15), 7:30-10:30 p.m. ET (match time). Live across time zones. Live +SD.
- Sunday’s Mexico vs. Costa Rica match delivered more than 97k live streams and garnered 2.5M total minutes of live video consumption.
- Through 22 matches of the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup tournament, Univision Deportes has delivered over 3.2M live streams; 86% of all live streams have come from the Univision Deportes App.
Source: Adobe Analytics
SOCIAL MEDIA HIGHLIGHTS
The Mexico vs. Costa Rica match on Univision Deportes was the No. 2 social episode of the night.
Source: Nielsen, 7/19/15, Ranked on Tweets
CONTACT: Esther Mireya Tejeda, 646.560.4829, email@example.com