USA-Honduras Match on UniMás Outperforms Fox Sports 1, Ranks as Most-Viewed USMNT Gold Cup Group Stage Match Ever
NEW YORK – JULY 8, 2015 – Univision Deportes, the sports division of Univision Communications Inc., the leading media company serving Hispanic America, delivered strong results with its opening day of 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup matches.
On UniMás, simulcast on UDN, USA vs. Honduras aired on Tuesday at 9:30 p.m. ET, averaging 2.0 million Total Viewers 2+ and 1.2 million Adults 18-49.
- The match out-delivered the same match on Fox Sports 1 by +88% among Total Viewers 2+ and +106% among Adults 18-49.
- This was the most-viewed USA match in the Group Stage of the CONCACAF Gold Cup to air on any network ever, regardless of language.
On UDN, Panama vs. Haiti aired on Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. ET, averaging 500,000 Total Viewers 2+ and 296,000 Adults 18-49.
- The match more than tripled the audience size of the same match on Fox Sports 2, winning by +236% among both Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49.
In total, the two matches reached 5.2 million Total Viewers 2+ and 2.9 million Adults 18-49 on Tuesday.
Source: Nielsen, NPM, Fast Nationals, L+SD data, based on match windows. Fast cume with 1 minute qualifier.
Locally, UniMás was the highest rated broadcast station in the time period regardless of language during the USA vs. Honduras match (9:30-11:30 p.m. ET) among Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles and among Young Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles and Miami (tie).
Additionally, during the USA vs. Honduras Copa (9:30-11:30 p.m. ET), UniMás stations had higher viewership than the Telemundo, Azteca, MundoFox and Estrella stations combined:
- Among Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles and Sacramento
- Among Adults 18-49 Los Angeles, Dallas, San Francisco and Sacramento
- Among Young Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles and Dallas
UniMás coverage of the USA vs. Honduras match outperformed the same match on FOX Sports 1:
- Among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Young Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas and Phoenix
The USA vs. Honduras match on UniMás grew from the first USA match in 2013 (07/09/13):
- Among Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, San Francisco and Sacramento
- Among Adults 18-49 Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, Dallas, San Francisco and Sacramento
- Among Young Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, Dallas and San Francisco
Source: Nielsen, NSI, (07/07/15), 9:30-11:30 p.m. ET (match time). Live across time zones. Live +SD.
- The live stream of the USA vs. Honduras and Panama vs. Haiti matches delivered more than 400k live streams and 6.3M total minutes of live video consumption combined.
- USA vs. Honduras match delivered more than 123k live streams and reached more than 122k visitors, garnering more than 3.5M total minutes of live video consumption.
Source: Adobe Analytics
- Last night’s Gold Cup game on UniMás (USA vs. Honduras) was the No. 1 most social episode on TV last night.
Source: Nielsen, Ranked on Unique Audience, Impressions, Unique Authors, Tweets
CONTACT: Esther Mireya Tejeda, 646-560-4829, email@example.com