On Sunday, April 26th, El Súper Clásico match on Univision Network, simulcast on UDN, delivered an average audience 3.0 million Total Viewers 2+ and 1.7 million Adults 18-49 with the broadcast of the Chivas de la Guadalajara vs. Club América match, making it the most-viewed regular season club soccer match in the U.S. in over 5 years. The game aired from 7:20 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. ET.
The Chivas vs. Club América match:
- Audience increased +30% among Total Viewers and +20% among Adults 18-49 vs. last year’s Súper Clásico on UniMás.
- Performance bested notable recent sports competition, including 35 NHL quarterfinal playoff games on the NBC Networks, and 6 NBA playoff games on ESPN, TNT and NBA TV.
Source: Nielsen, NPM, L+SD data, NHL and NBA games thru 4/23/15
Coverage of El Súper Clásico match made Univision the No. 1 broadcast station during the time period among:
- Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles
- Adults 18-49 and young Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
During El Súper Clásico, Univision stations had higher viewership than the ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX stations combined:
- In Los Angeles among Adults 18-49 and young Adults 18-34
- In Phoenix and Sacramento among young Adults 18-34
El Súper Clásico in the 2015 Clausura season showed year-to-year growth vs. 2014 El Súper Clásico match (on UniMás) among:
- Total Viewers 2+ in New York, Miami, Houston, Chicago, Dallas, Phoenix and Sacramento
- Young Adults 18-34 in Houston, Chicago, Dallas, Phoenix and Sacramento
- Adults 18-49 in Houston, Chicago, Dallas and Sacramento
Source: Nielsen, NSI, (04/26/15), 7:15p.m.-9:30p.m. ET; live game across time zones. Growth based on average impressions compared to 2014 Super Clásico Clausura, UniMás, (3/30/14), 8:45p.m.-11:00p.m. ET; live game across time zones. Live +SD.
CONTACT: Esther Mireya Tejeda, 646.560.4829, firstname.lastname@example.org