LMX Season Opener on Univision Deportes Outperformed English Premier League Matches, NBA and NHL Games Last Week
On Saturday, January 10, Univision Network broadcast of the Liga MX match between Club America and Leon was the most-viewed LMX opening match among Total Viewers and Adults 18-49 since 2009.
- The LMX season opening match of Club America vs. Leon delivered an average of 1.7 million Total Viewers and 970,000 Adults 18-49. The game aired from 5:55 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Univision and simulcast on Univision Deportes Network (UDN).
- The match was the No. 1 soccer telecast last week, besting all 4 live English Premier League matches on NBC Sports Network last week.
- The match also out-delivered 9 live NBA games on ESPN, TNT and NBA TV, and 4 live NHL games on NBC Sports Network.
Airing 4 matches on UDN, the network delivered its best LMX opening weekend ever averaging 355,000 Total Viewers 2+ viewers.
Source: Nielsen, NPM, L+SD data
This past weekend, fútbol fanáticos live streamed over 1 million minutes of Liga MX matches across UnivisionDeportes.com and the Univision Deportes app. Fútbol fanáticos are mobile first; almost all (96%) of this weekend’s Liga MX live streams came from the Univision Deportes app.
Club America vs. Leon – Sat 1/10
- Club America vs. Leon, the LMX season opening match, recorded +29% more live streams than the opening match of the 2014 Apertura season.
- The match ranks as the second largest Liga MX regular season live stream to-date, behind only the America vs. Chivas match on November 1, 2014.
Source: Adobe Analytics.
CONTACT: Esther Mireya Tejeda, 646.560.4829, email@example.com