Blog • Webinars
Meet Today’s Latino Traveler
As the world slowly opens back up, everyone is looking to get out there and explore! According to a Civic Science Poll fielded this past month, Latino’s adults between the ages of 25-54 are specifically looking to travel somewhere entirely new this summer. And 1 in 3 of these Latinos say they will spend more money in making their travel dreams come true than they originally planned to pre-pandemic. These facts and more were presented during Univision’s Meet Today’s Latino Traveler recent webinar showcasing how best to target an audience that is ready to travel.
We invite brands to learn how the Latino consumer is engaging with the travel and leisure industries in this fun conversation with Host and Reporter Yarel Ramos and our expert travel panel consisting of Latina Travel Journalist and TV Host Jeannete Ceja, VP of North America at MMGY Global Danny Guerrero, award-winning food writer, traveler, and owner of Club Tengo Hambre Bill Sparza, and Managing Director of Los Cabos Tourism Board Rodrigo Esponda Cascajares.
Some key takeaways from the webinar include:
- Our communities hunger to submerge themselves into new cultures.
- California, Texas and Florida attract the highest percentage of Latino overnight leisure travelers.
- Latinos are spending on gastronomy.
- Latinos are influencers in the travel space:
- 76% agree that “when I learn about a great vacation, I typically recommend it to people I know” (2020 Spring GfK MRI)
- 41% agree that “people often ask my advice when it comes to travel vacation” (2020 Spring GfK MRI)
- 34% of Hispanics want their vacations to impress others (2020 Spring GfK MRI)
With 11.9 million Hispanics A25-54 traveling within the U.S. in the past 12 months (through May 2020), accounting for 1 in 6 travelers (16% share) and nearly 9 million Hispanics A25-54 who traveled internationally in the past 3 years (through May 2020), accounting for 1 in 5 travelers (21% share) (2016-2020 Spring GfK MRI): Univision encourages the travel industry to reach out to a community that is ready, willing, and able to travel.
Our unique connection to this community is evolving and growing every day. With our new capabilities and touchpoints we can make it easy for you to reach Hispanic America and grow with us.