By: A.J. Katz
Jorge Ramos and Ilia Calderón will lead Univision’s election night coverage.
- Coast-to-coast Election Night live coverage will begin on Noticiero Univision at 6:30 p.m. ET and continue in the 11:30 p.m. ET broadcast (with special editions for the West Coast, with times TBD)
- At 9:00 p.m. ET (in a special East Coast-only broadcast) and then at 1:00 a.m. ET/PT (coast to coast), Ramos and Calderón will host a special election night program. Titled Noticias Univision Presenta: El Poder en Juego (Univision News Presents: Power in Play), the special will bring viewers the most complete and detailed last-minute electoral information—from state-by-state projections and real-time results to in-depth commentary on House, Senate, and Governor races, key ballot issues, and topics of special interest to Hispanic viewers.
- During the course of Election Night coverage, Ramos and Calderón will be joined by Univision News anchors Enrique Acevedo, Felix de Bedout and Patricia Janiot, as well as by political analysts and special guests, among them Democratic analyst Fabian Nuñez, Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.), Carlos Díaz-Rosillo (former Deputy Assistant to president Donald Trump), and Maria Urbina (National Political Director, the Indivisible Project).
- A team of Univision News correspondents will report live from key states and campaign headquarters across the nation: Janet Rodriguez will be in Washington D.C, Blanca Rosa Vilchez at Sen. Bob Menendez’s New Jersey headquarters, Luis Megid in the battleground state of Arizona, Lourdes del Río at the campaign headquarters for Republican senatorial candidate Maria Elvira Salazar campaign center in Coral Gables, Fla., Pedro Rojas with Senator Ted Cruz (R-Tx.) and Juan Carlos Gonzalez with Cruz’s Democratic challenger, Beto O’Rourke, in El Paso.
- News bulletins and election updates will air within regular Univision Network programming throughout the day and night.
- UNews, the English-language newscast that was recently launched on the FUSION TV cable network, will also cover the midterm elections during its November 6 broadcast, as well as provide updates throughout the day on FUSION.
- Furthermore, as part of Univision News’ alliance with CUNY’s Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism and Florida International University’s Department of Journalism, students will be reporting from university campuses and Hispanic neighborhoods in New York city and Miami
- Beginning at 8 p.m. ET, an exclusive Election Night special will livestream on UnivisionNoticias.com, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter, featuring election-related news stories from around the nation, political analysis, projections and more. Immediately after this digital-only program, those same platforms will livestream Univision Network’s Destino 2018 Election Night broadcast in its entirety. Additionally, Univision News will feature exclusive, original content in all its digital platforms during Nov. 6, also accessible through the tag Elecciones EEUU 2018: