Univision Ranks as the No. 1 Spanish-Language Network Television During Primetime for Seventeenth Consecutive Week With Double-Digit Audience Advantages Over Telemundo Across All Key Demos
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights – Week of January 11, 2021 to January 17, 2021
- For the second consecutive Saturday night, Univision finished ahead of ABC and CBS for the -entire night among Adults 18-34 and ahead of CBS among Adults 18-49 with live coverage of Liga MX. The soccer matchup of Cruz Azul vs. Puebla delivered an average audience of 753,000 Total Viewers 2+, 352,000 Adults 18-49 and 145,000 Adults 18-34. The Liga MX matchup drew in more Total Viewers 2+ (+54% adv.), Adults 18-49 (+59% adv.) and Adults 18-34 (+69% adv.) than Telemundo’s Futbol Estelar airing of Guadalajara (Chivas) vs. Toluca and made Univision the No. 1 Spanish-language network for the entire night, outperforming Telemundo among Total Viewers 2+ (+2% adv.), Adults 18-49 (+23% adv.) and Adults 18-34 (+17% adv.).
- For the entire week, Univision finished as the fourth most-watched broadcast network during primetime, out delivering CBS and The CW with 168,000 Adults 18-34, and the fifth most-watched broadcast network during primetime, out-delivering The CW with 1.3 million Total Viewers 2+ and 441,000 Adults 18-49.
- Univision outperformed one or more of the English-language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on four out of seven nights last week among Adults 18-49 and on six out of seven nights among Adults 18-34.
- Univision ranked as the No. 1 Spanish-language network during primetime for the seventeenth consecutive week in the current 2020/2021 season with double-digit audience advantages over Telemundo among Total Viewers 2+ (+25% adv.), Adults 18-49 (+12% adv.) and Adults 18-34 (+14% adv.).
- Airing weeknights at 8 p.m., “Vencer el Desamor” delivered 1.8 million Total Viewers 2+, 612,000 Adults 18-49 and 244,000 Adults 18-34 and drove Univision to a third-place finish on broadcast television, out-delivering CBS, NBC, and The CW with Adults 18-34. The series also doubled the audience levels of the second hour of Telemundo’s “El Domo Del Dinero” among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- Univision’s “Imperio de Mentiras” delivered 1.4 million Total Viewers 2+, 493,000 Adults 18-49 and 180,000 Adults 18-34, positioning Univision ahead of CBS with Adults 18-34 -during the weeknight 9 p.m. hour.
- Airing weeknights at 10 p.m., “Dulce Ambición” attracted 1.2 million Total Viewers 2+, 401,000 Adults 18-49 and 122,000 Adults 18-34, positioning Univision ahead of CBS with Adults 18-34. The series also outperformed Telemundo’s “Falsa Identidad II” with double-digit audience advantages among Total Viewers 2+ (+31% adv.).
- On Sunday night, Univision’s airing of “Premios TV y Novelas 2020” delivered 966,000 Total Viewers 2+, 288,000 Adults 18-49 and 128,000 Adults 18-34 and positioned Univision ahead of NBC by double-digits for the entire night among Adults 18-34 (+25% adv.). The award show also propelled Univision to a first-place finish on Spanish-language television with double-digit audience advantages over Telemundo for the entire night among Total Viewers 2+ (+27% adv.) and Adults 18-34 (+25% adv.). This is the seventeenth consecutive Sunday night in the current 2020/2021 season that Univision has out-delivered Telemundo among Total Viewers 2+.
Source: Nielsen, NPM (01/11/2021-01/17/2021) Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, Live+SD.
Effective 08/31/2020, Out of Home PPM data is included for Univision, UniMás and participating networks.