Univision Network Set to Finish the February 2018 Sweeps as the No. 1 Spanish-Language Network in Primetime, Outperforming Closest Competitor with Double-Digit Audience Advantages Among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34
Univision’s Portfolio of Networks is Delivering a 67 Percent Share of the Primetime Spanish-Language Viewing Among Adults 18-49
Univision Network will Finish Ahead of CW During Primetime Among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34
NEW YORK – FEBRUARY 28, 2018 – Hispanic America’s choice for quality and relevant content once again is set to position the Univision Network as the undisputed Spanish-language leader for the 26th consecutive February Sweeps during primetime, outperforming closest competitor by double-digit margins in the February 2018 sweeps period among Total Viewers 2+ (+35%), Adults 18-49 (+22%) and Adults 18-34 (+32%). During the February 2018 Sweeps, Univision is averaging 1.6 million Total Viewers 2+, 684,000 Adults 18-49 and 295,000 Adults 18-34, making it one of the top-rated broadcast networks in the country, regardless of language, out-delivering the CW with double-digit audience advantages in primetime among Total Viewers 2+ (+15%), Adults 18-49 (+18%) and Adults 18-34 (+21%).
“It’s no surprise that we are in a time where there is a proliferation of content choices, and we are proud to have a portfolio of networks that delivers content that resonates and brings multigenerational audiences together. Our flagship network continues to lead the way in representing Hispanic America’s values and interests making Univision the undisputed choice for 26 consecutive February sweeps,” said Jessica Rodriguez, president and chief operating officer of UCI Networks, and chief marketing officer of Univision Communications Inc.
Univision’s portfolio of networks, including UniMás, Galavisión and Univision Deportes Network, is delivering a 67 percent share of the primetime Spanish-language viewing in the February 2018 sweeps among Adults 18-49, up from 65 percent compared to the February 2017 sweep.
Additionally, during the February 2018 sweeps, UniMás is averaging 728,000 Total Viewers 2+, 326,000 Adults 18-49 and 133,000 Adults 18-34, which is two times higher than the combined audience of Azteca and Estrella TV in primetime. UniMás’ highest-rated entertainment property during primetime, “La Tierra Prometida,” is attracting more Total Viewers 2+ (+112% to 1.2 million), Adults 18-49 (+66% to 477,000) and Adults 18-34 (+44% to 178,000) to the network’s weeknight 9pm hour compared to the February 2017 sweeps.
Univision Network – Additional Highlights:
- Univision is set to finish the February 2018 sweeps as the No. 1 Spanish-language network during Monday to Friday 8pm-11pm, Saturday 8pm-11pm as well as Sunday 7pm-11pm, outperforming its closest competitor by significant margins among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- Monday to Friday 8pm-11pm: Adults 18-49 (+24%), Adults 18-34 (+37%) and Total Viewers 2+ (+40%).
- Saturday 8pm-11pm: Adults 18-49 (+28%), Adults 18-34 (+25%) and Total Viewers 2+ (+15%).
- Sunday 7pm-11pm: Adults 18-49 (+11%), Adults 18-34 (+18%) and Total Viewers 2+ (+29%).
- Univision has out-delivered one or more of the English-language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on nearly three out of every four nights among Adults 18-34 (73% of the time) and on three out of every seven nights among Adults 18-49 (46% of the time).
- Univision’s 9pm dramedy, “Papá A Toda Madre,” is averaging more Adult 18-34 viewers than the first-run episodes of ABC’s “Kevin Saves the World,” CBS’ “9 JKL,” NBC’s “Taken” and CW’s “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend,” “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow,” “Dynasty,” and “iZombie.”
- Univision’s primetime series, “El Rico y Lázaro,” “Papá A Toda Madre” and “Caer En Tentación,” are delivering more Adults 18-49 than the first-run episodes of CW’s “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend,” “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow,” “Dynasty” and “iZombie.”
Univision’s season 3 premiere of “Pequeños Gigantes” reached 5.5 million Total Viewers 2+, who tuned-in to all or part of the two-hour broadcast on Sunday February 25, 2018. The premiere telecast of the primetime kids talent competition series averaged 2.5 million Total Viewers 2+, 1.1 million Adults 18-49 and 495,000 Adults 18-34 and positioned Univision as the No. 1 Spanish-language network during the time period as well as for the entire night with double the audience levels of its closest competitor. “Pequeños Gigantes” was also the No. 1 program on Sunday night, delivering two times more Hispanic Adult 18-49 viewers than NBC’s primetime coverage of the “2018 Winter Olympics Closing Ceremony.”
Univision’s 30th edition of “Premio Lo Nuestro” reached nearly 8.0 million Total Viewers 2+ and outperformed ABC, CBS, FOX and CW among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34. This marked the ninth consecutive year that Univision finished as the second highest-rated network on this night with Adults 18-34. The telecast averaged 676,000 Adults 18-34 and 1.6 million Adults 18-49 to rank as the second and third most-watched program on all of television on Thursday night, respectively, and also made Univision the No. 1 Spanish-language network for the entire night with triple the audience levels of its closest competitor among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34. “Premio Lo Nuestro” was also the top-rated program during primetime for the entire week among Hispanics in the demographic groups of Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
Source: Nielsen, NPM (02/01/2018-02/11/2018, Live+7) and (02/12/2018-02/26/2018, Live+SD) Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm. Reach based on Fast Cume, 1+ minutes qualified audience (short-term and long-term visitors included). Program ranking for the week based on NPM-H (02/19/2018-02/25/2018) Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, ad-supported networks. Shares of the Spanish-language primetime viewing based on the sum of impressions among Univision, UniMás, Galavisión, Univision Deportes, Telemundo, and Universo. “Premio Lo Nuestro” based on Thursday 02/22/2018 and “Pequeños Gigantes 3” based on Sunday 02/25/2018.
CONTACT: Carolina Valencia, 212-455-4712, email@example.com