Univision Completes 2016/2017 Season as the No. 1 Spanish-Language Network Among Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49
Ends Current Week as No. 1 Spanish-Language Network, Growing its Prime Audience by Double-Digit Margins Week-Over-Week
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights
Week of September 18, 2017 to September 24, 2017
For the week of September 18, Univision was the No. 1 Spanish-language network among Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49. Univision posted double-digit percentage advantages over its competitor among Total Viewers 2+ (+17%) and a +7% advantage among Adults 18-49.
- Univision also finished the 2016/2017 season as the No. 1 Spanish-language network among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49, and Adults 18-34.
Growing its prime audience by double-digit margins week-over-week, Univision attracted 1.6 million Total Viewers 2+ (+21%), 735,000 Adults 18-49 (+29%), and 312,000 Adults 18-34 (+26%).
During the weekday 8pm hour, Univision ranked as the No. 3 network among Adults 18-34 and No. 4 with Adults 18-49, beating FOX with both demographics. Airing on Monday, Thursday and Friday this past week, Univision’s 8pm series, “Enamorándome de Ramón,” attracted 1.4 million Total Viewers 2+, 639,000 Adults 18-49 and 301,000 Adults 18-34. In fact, Univision was the No. 1 Spanish-language network during the weekday 8pm hour among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
During the weekday 9pm hour, Univision maintained its advantage over FOX during the Monday-Friday 9pm hour among Adults 18-34, ranking No. 4 in the hour. Univision’s 9pm series “Mi Marido Tiene Familia” (My Husband Has Family) averaged 1.7 million Total Viewers 2+, 731,000 Adults 18-49 and 335,000 Adults 18-34 when airing at 9pm on Monday, Thursday and Friday.
During the weekday 10pm hour, Univision ranked as the No. 3 broadcast networks during the 10pm hour this week, out-delivering CBS (+14%) and ABC (+31%) among Adults 18-34.
Univision out-delivered one or more of the English-Language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on six out of seven nights this past week among Adults 18-34 and three out of seven with Adults 18-49.
- On Monday night, Univision outperformed CBS (+13%) and FOX (+21%) by double-digit margins, ranking as the No. 4 network with Adults 18-34. This marks the eighteenth consecutive Monday that Univision out-delivered CBS among Adults 18-34.
- On Tuesday night, Univision was the No. 2 broadcast network with both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34, beating ABC, CBS and FOX with both demographics.
- Univision held a substantial double-digit advantage over ABC (+57%), FOX (+86%)and CBS (+36%) with Adults 18-49.
- Univision averaged more than double the Adults 18-34 audience of ABC (+148%) and FOX (+166%), while nearly doubling that of CBS (+98%).
- On Wednesday night, Univision maintained its substantial advantage over ABC with both Adults 18-49 (+48%) and Adults 18-34 (+149%), finishing the night as the No. 4 broadcast network among both demographics.
- On Thursday night, Univision maintained its position as the No. 4 network among Adults 18-34, beating ABC (+51%) and NBC (+13%). Univision also outperformed ABC (+10%) with Adults 18-49 on Thursday night.
- On Friday night, airing its regularly scheduled lineup, Univision again maintained its No. 4 network rank among Adults 18-34, beating FOX and CBS. Univision reported double-digit advantages over FOX (+23%) and outperformed CBS by +7% among Adults 18-34.
- On Saturday night, Univision out-delivered NBC by +22% among Adults 18-34.
Source: Nielsen, NPM (09/18/2017-09/24/2017) vs prior week (09/11/2017-09/17/2017). Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, Live+SD. 2016/2017 Season based on most current data (09/19/2016-09/24/2017). Program ranking based on programs with duration >29 minutes.