Univision is the No. 1 Spanish-Language Network, Outperformed Closest Spanish-Language Competitor for Twelve Consecutive Weeks Among Total Viewers 2+ in Prime Time
Univision’s New Series “José de Egipto” Beat CBS in the Weekday 10pm Hour with Adults 18-34 and was Top Spanish-language Pick with Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights
Week of June 19, 2017 to June 25, 2017
In the current 2016/2017 season, Univision continues to be the No. 1 Spanish-language network among Total Viewers 2+, outperforming its closest Spanish-language competitor for twelve consecutive weeks. This past week, Univision posted double-digit percentage advantages over its competitor among Total Viewers 2+ (+15%).
Univision finished the week as the No. 5 broadcast network among Adults 18-34, ahead of CBS (+38%).
During the Monday-Friday 8pm hour, Univision premiered its new series, “José de Egipto” (Joseph of Egypt), and secured its position as the No. 4 broadcast network, beating CBS (+19%) for the fourth consecutive week with Adults 18-34.
- In its premiere week, “José de Egipto” (Joseph of Egypt) attracted 1.6 million Total Viewers 2+, 668,000 Adults 18-49 and 269,000 Adults 18-34. “José de Egipto” was also the top Spanish-language pick among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 for the weekday 8pm hour.
“La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo” (The Double Life of Estela Carrillo) helped Univision rank as the No. 3 broadcast network among Adults 18-34 during the Monday-Friday 9pm hour. Univision posted double-digit percentage advantage over CBS (+26%) and FOX (+10%) with Adults 18-34. “La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo” averaged 1.6 million Total Viewers 2+, 698,000 Adults 18-49 and 292,000 Adults 18-34.
Weeknights from 10pm to 11pm, Univision was the No. 3 broadcast network among Adults 18-34 and ranked No. 4 with Adults 18-49, beating CBS in both demographics.
- “La Piloto” (The Pilot) attracted 1.5 million Total Viewers 2+, 700,000 Adults 18-49 and 301,000 Adults 18-34.
- With Adults 18-34, Univision outperformed ABC (+20%) and CBS (+43%). Univision also held an +4% advantage over CBS among Adults 18-49.
Univision out-delivered one or more of the English-Language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on six out of seven nights among Adults 18-34 and on four nights with Adults 18-49.
- Univision outperformed CBS (+53%) as the No. 4 broadcast network among Adults 18-34 for the fourth consecutive Monday night. Univision also out-delivered CBS (+1%) with Adults 18-49, ranking No. 4 for the night.
- Univision was the No. 3 network on Tuesday night among Adults 18-34 and No. 4 among Adults 18-49, beating ABC and FOX by double-digit margins in both demographics.
- With Adults 18-49, Univision delivered more viewers than ABC (+18%) and FOX (+55%) for the night.
- Univision averaged more than double the Adults 18-34 viewers of FOX (+108%) and significantly out-delivered CBS (+42%) and ABC (+52%).
- On Wednesday night Univision held the No. 4 network position among Adults 18-34, beating both ABC and CBS for the fourth consecutive week. Furthermore, Univision posted double-digit advantages over CBS (+40%) and ABC (+22%) with Adult 18-34.
- On Friday night, Univision out-delivered FOX with Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49, ranking as the No. 4 network among Adults 18-34 and No.5 with Adults 18-49.
- With Adults 18-49, Univision beat FOX by +29%. Univision also held a double-digit percentage advantage over FOX (+42%) and CBS (+25%) among Adults 18-34.
- In the current season, Univision is the top pick over FOX among Adults 18-34. Univision attracted more Adults 18-34 viewers than FOX on 31 out of 40 Friday nights, 78% of the nights this season-to-date.
- On Saturday night Univision outperformed NBC by +10% with Adults 18-34.
- Univision was the No. 3 broadcast network on Sunday night, beating CBS and FOX with both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- Univision maintained double-digit percentage advantages over CBS (+15%) and FOX (+13%) with Adults 18-34 for the night.
Source: Nielsen, NPM (06/19/2017-06/25/2017) vs prior week (06/12/2017-06/18/2017). Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, Live+SD. 2016/2017 Season based on most current data (09/19/2016-06/25/2017).