Univision Continues Winning Streak, Outperforming Closest Spanish-Language Competitor for Nine Consecutive Weeks Across Key Demographics in Overall Prime Time
Weeknights at 10pm Univision is No. 2 Ahead of ABC and CBS with both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights
Week of May 29, 2017 to June 4, 2017
In the current 2016/2017 season, Univision continues to be the No. 1 Spanish-language network among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34, as well as the fifth most-watched broadcast network during primetime with Adults 18-34.
- Univision has outperformed its closest Spanish-language competitor for nine consecutive weeks. In the current week, Univision out-delivered its competitor by double-digit margins among Total Viewers 2+ (+70%), Adults 18-49 (+59%) and Adults 18-34 (+60%).
For the second consecutive week, Univision beat CBS (+42% adv.) as the No. 4 broadcast network among Adults 18-34.
During the Monday-Thursday 8pm hour, Univision secured its position as No. 4 broadcast network over CBS (+17%) with Adults 18-34. “La Reina de la Canción” (The Queen of Song) posted its third consecutive week of growth among Total Viewers 2+ (+5% to 1.6 million) and Adults 18-49 (+5% to 692,000) while maintaining its Adults 18-34 audience (298,000).
“La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo” (The Double Life of Estela Carrillo) helped Univision rank as the No. 4 broadcast network during the Monday-Friday 9pm hour, beating CBS by +54% with Adults 18-34. “La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo” grew its Adults 18-49 audience over the previous week (+2% to 786,000) and averaged 1.7 million Total Viewers 2+ and 328,000 Adults 18-34.
Univision was the No. 2 broadcast network among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 during the weeknight 10pm to 11pm hour, beating ABC and CBS in the aforementioned demographics.
- “La Piloto” (The Pilot) attracted more Total Viewers 2+ (+4% to 1.6 million), Adults 18-49 (+3% to 761,000) and Adults 18-34 (334,000) versus prior week.
- With Adults 18-34, Univision outperformed ABC (+61%) and CBS (+59%). Univision also held an +15% advantage over ABC among Adults 18-49.
Univision out-delivered one or more of the English-Language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on every night last week among Adults 18-34 and on five out of seven nights among Adults 18-49.
- On Monday night Univision out-performed CBS (+69%) as the No. 4 broadcast network among Adults 18-34. Univision also held the No. 4 position on Monday with Adults 18-49, out-delivering CBS by +6%.
- Univision rose to the No. 3 position on Tuesday night, beating both ABC (+62%) and CBS (+22%) with Adults 18-34. Univision maintained its No. 4 rank from the previous night among Adults 18-49, beating ABC by double-digit margins (+10%).
- On Wednesday night Univision out-delivered both ABC and CBS, ranking as the No. 2 network among Adults 18-34 and No. 3 with Adults 18-49. In fact, among Adults 18-34 Univision posted double-digit advantages over ABC (+77%), NBC (+14%) and CBS (+80%) with Adult 18-34.
- Among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34, Univision was the No. 3 broadcast network on Friday night besting FOX and CBS in both demographics.
- With Adults 18-49, Univision beat FOX by +32% while maintaining an advantage of +9% over CBS.
- Univision averaged nearly double the Adults 18-34 viewers of CBS (+90%) and delivered more than half of the Adults 18-34 viewers of FOX (+64%).
- In the current season, Univision is the top pick over FOX among Adults 18-34. Univision attracted more Adults 18-34 viewers than FOX on 28 out of 37 Friday nights, 76% of the nights this season-to-date.
- Univision ranked as the No. 4 broadcast network on Saturday night among Adults 18-34, outperforming both CBS (+66%) and NBC (+8%).
- Univision beat CBS on Sunday night as the No. 4 Broadcast network among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- At 7pm Univision aired “Rosa Guadalupe” and averaged 968,000 Total Viewers 2+, 387,000 Adults 18-49 and 151,000 Adults 18-34.
- Following at 8pm Univision premiered back-to-back episodes of the series “Milagros de Jesus” (The Miracles of Jesus). From 8pm -10pm “Milagros de Jesus” attracted 1.6 million Total Viewers 2+, 629,000 Adults 18-49 and 197,000 Adults 18-34.
- The 10pm telecast of “Aquí y Ahora” (Here and Now) delivered 1.5 million Total Viewers 2+, 641,000 Adults 18-49 and 197,000 Adults 18-34.
Source: Nielsen, NPM (05/29/2017-06/04/2017) vs prior week (05/22/2017-05/28/2017). Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, Live+SD. 2016/2017 Season based on most current data (09/19/2016-06/04/2017).