Univision is Top Spanish-Language Network in Prime Time for Seventh Consecutive Week, Beating its Closest Competitor by Double-Digit Margins Across Key Demographics
“La Piloto” Guides Broadcast Network to Top ABC (+42%) and CBS (+19%) at 10 p.m. Monday-Friday Among Adults 18-34
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights
Week of May 15, 2017 to May 21, 2017
In the current 2016/2017 season, Univision continues to be the No. 1 Spanish-language network among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 season-to-date and for the seventh consecutive week, as well as the fifth most-watched broadcast network during primetime with Adults 18-34.
- For the week, Univision outperformed its closest Spanish-language competitor among Total Viewers 2+ (+67%), Adults 18-49 (+53%) and Adults 18-34 (+51%).
During the 8pm hour, “La Reina de la Canción” (The Queen of Song) grew its week-to-week audience by double-digit margins among Total Viewers 2+ (+15% to 1.5 million), Adults 18-49 (+18% to 627,000) and Adults 18-34 (+16% to 284,000).
In its second week on air, Univision’s 9pm telenovela “La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo” (The Double Life of Estela Carrillo) helped Univision beat CBS (+6%) among Adults 18-34 to rank as the No. 4 broadcast network in the Monday-Friday 9pm hour. “La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo” averaged 1.8 million Total Viewers 2+, 786,000 Adults 18-49 and 338,000 Adults 18-34.
Univision was the No. 2 broadcast network among Adults 18-34, ahead of ABC (+42%) and CBS (+19%) during the weeknight 10pm to 11pm hour. Airing “La Piloto” (The Pilot), Univision attracted 1.7 Million Total Viewers 2+, 816,000 Adults 18-49 and 374,000 Adults 18-34.
Univision out-delivered one or more of the English-Language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on three out of seven nights among Adults 18-34.
- Univision was the No. 3 broadcast network on Thursday night, beating both CBS (+4%) and NBC (+5%) among Adults 18-34.
- For the sixth consecutive Friday night Univision ranked as the No. 4 broadcast network with Adults 18-49, averaging +30% more Adults 18-49 viewers than FOX.
- Among Adults 18-34, Univision was the No. 1 broadcast network, besting its closest competitor by double digit margins. Univision averaged more than double the Adults 18-34 viewers of FOX (+119%), and beat ABC (+64%), CBS (+33%) and NBC (+23%) by double-digit margins on Friday night.
- In the current season, Univision is the top pick over FOX among Adults 18-34. Univision attracted more Adults 18-34 viewers than FOX on 26 out of 35 Friday nights, 74% of the nights this season-to-date.
- On Saturday night out-delivered CBS by +14% among Adults 18-34.
On Sunday night, airing the one-hour finale of “El Chapo,” Univision reached 3.5 million Total Viewers 2+.
- The finale made Univision the No. 3 broadcast network among Adults 18-34, out-delivering CBS and NBC for the hour. Moreover “El Chapo” averaged more Adults 18-34 than the entire prime lineup of CBS and NBC on Sunday night.
- Averaged 1.5 million Total Viewers 2+, 732,000 Adults 18-49 and 302,000 Adults 18-34.
- Ranked among the top 15 programs with Adults 18-49 (#13) and Total Viewers 2+ (#13), finished in the top 10 with Adults 18-34 (#9).
Source: Nielsen, NPM (05/15/2017-05/21/2017) vs prior week (05/08/2017-05/14/2017). Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, Live+SD. 2016/2017 Season based on most current data (09/19/2016-05/21/2017). Reach based on NPM Fast Cume, Persons 2+, 1+ minute qualified audience (short term and long term visitors included). Live+SD.