Top Spanish-Language Network in Prime Time for Four Consecutive Weeks, Univision Beats Closest Competitor by Double-Digits Across Key Demographics
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights
Week of May 1, 2017 to May 7, 2017
In the current 2016/2017 season, Univision continues to be the No. 1 Spanish-language network among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 for the fifth consecutive week, as well as the fifth most-watched broadcast network during primetime with Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-34.
- For the week, Univision outperformed its closest Spanish-language competitor among Total Viewers 2+ (+89%), Adults 18-49 (+87%) and Adults 18-34 (+80%).
Compared to the same week a year-ago (5/2/16-5/8/16), Univision increased among Adults 18-49 (+4%) and Adults 18-34 (+3%) while its broadcast competitors reported declines.
Univision’s prime telenovela lineup grew its Adults 18-49 audience week-to-week by double-digit margins, and positioned Univision above NBC and CBS in the weekday 9pm and 10pm hour with Adults 18-34.
- Univision’s 9pm telenovela, “Vino El Amor” (Then Came Love), increased its viewership by double-digit margins among Total Viewers 2+ (+10% to 2.4 Million), Adults 18-49 (+16% to 1.0 Million) and Adults 18-34 (+10% to 438,000). “Vino El Amor” made Univision the third most watched broadcast network with Adults 18-34 in the weeknight 9pm hour, ahead of NBC (+3%) and CBS (+4%).
- Univision was the No. 1 broadcast network among Adults 18-34, ahead of NBC (+1%), ABC (+40%) and CBS (+12%) during the weeknight 10pm to 11pm hour. Airing “La Piloto” (The Pilot), Univision attracted 1.9 Million Total Viewers 2+ (+5%), 908,000 Adults 18-49 (+11%) and 395,000 Adults 18-34 (+4%), increasing its viewership week-to-week.
Univision out-delivered one or more of the English-Language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on four out of seven nights among Adults 18-34 and two nights with Adults 18-49.
- On Tuesday night Univision out-delivered ABC by +6% among Adults 18-34.
- Univision out-delivered both NBC and FOX by double-digit margins (+12%) on Thursday night, ranking as the No. 3 Broadcast network among Adults 18-34.
- For the third consecutive Friday night, Univision was the No. 1 Broadcast network among Adults 18-34 and ranked No. 4 with Adults 18-49.
- Univision averaged more than double the Adults 18-34 viewers than FOX (+184%) and beat ABC (+19%), NBC (+54%) and CBS (+26%) by double-digit margins.
- Season to-date Univision out-ranks FOX on Friday nights, averaging more Adults 18-34 viewers than FOX for the last 20 consecutive Friday nights.
- Univision averaged more than double the Adults 18-49 than FOX (+112%), out-delivering FOX for the twelfth consecutive Friday night.
- On Saturday night, Univision attracted +70% more Adults 18-34 viewers than CBS.
On Sunday night, “El Chapo” grew its audience among 823,000 Adults 18-49 (+6%) and 329,000 Adults 18-34 (+3%) versus the prior week.
Source: Nielsen, NPM (05/01/2017-05/07/2017) vs prior week (04/24/2017-04/30/2017). Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, Live+SD. 2016/2017 Season based on most current data (09/19/2016-05/07/2017).