Premiere Reaches 4.0 Million Total Viewers 2+ During Two-Hour Broadcast
NEW YORK – MAY 24, 2016 – The premiere of the Univision Network’s much anticipated telenovela, “Tres Veces Ana” (Three Times Ana), reached 4.0 million Total Viewers 2+ who tuned in to all or part of the two-hour broadcast that aired last night, Monday May 23, from 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. ET. The show averaged 2.3 million Total Viewers 2+, 1.1 million Adults 18-49, 593,000 young Adults 18-34 and 727,000 Persons 12-34. The premiere made Univision the No. 3 Broadcast Network during the two-hour airing and for the entire night, outperforming CBS and FOX among young Adults 18-34 and Persons 12-34.
Last night’s premiere of “Tres Veces Ana”:
- Positioned Univision as the No. 4 Broadcast Network, beating FOX, among Adults 18-49.
- Was the fifth most-watched program on broadcast television with more young Adult 18-34 viewers than the entire original line-ups on CBS (“The Price Is Right Primetime Special” “The Odd Couple” and “Person of Interest”) and CW (“Reign” and “Whose Line Is It Anyway”) as well as first-run episodes of FOX’s “Houdini & Boyle” and the season finale of NBC’s “Blindspot.”
- Ranked among the top 10 programs on broadcast television among key Adults 18-49.
- Delivered more Total Viewers 2+ (+3%), Adults 18-49 (+18%), young Adults 18-34 (+32%) and Persons 12-34 (+20%) to the time period versus comparable night in 2015.
Source: Nielsen, NPM Monday (05/23/2016) 8:00pm-11:00pm. Univision’s primetime line-up consisting of “Un Camino Hacia el Destino” and premiere of “Tres Veces Ana” based on NPM Fast National Ratings and English-language broadcast networks based on NPM Fast Affiliate Ratings. Reach based on NPM Fast Cume, Persons 2+, 6+ minute qualified audiences (short term and long term visitors included). Live+SD.
In Los Angeles, the “Tres Veces Ana” premiere made Univision the No. 1 broadcast station in the 9:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. (ET/PT) time period and the No. 1 program of the day among young Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49.
Source: Nielsen, NSI, Monday (5/23/16). “Tres Veces Ana” debut aired 9:00pm-11:00pm PT. Total Day is defined as Monday-Sunday 6:00am-2:00am. Rankings based on absolute impressions. KMEX UNI includes UMEX on Time Warner Cable. Live+SD.
The premiere of “Tres Veces Ana” counted with cast participation in live interactions garnering strong fan engagement. Highlights include:
- The hashtag #3VecesAna garnered more than 400 million impressions.
Source: Keyhole, May 20th to May 24th
- Facebook Live with cast on Univision and UniNovelas pages generated over 400k video views.
Source: Facebook Insights
- On Snapchat, “Tres Veces Ana” story featuring the cast garnered more than half million duplicated views.
Esther Mireya Tejeda