Univision Outperforms ABC and CBS for the Entire Night Among Young Adults 18-34
NEW YORK – DECEMBER 14, 2015 – The finale of the Univision Network’s music-based reality competition, “La Banda” reached 5.1 million Total Viewers 2+ who tuned in to all or part of the three-hour live broadcast that aired last night, Sunday, December 14th from 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. ET. The live telecast averaged 2.7 million Total Viewers 2+, 1.1 million Adults 18-49 and 518,000 young Adults 18-34 helping Univision out-deliver ABC and CBS for the entire night among young Adults 18-34.
Last night’s grand finale of “La Banda:”
- Ranked within the top 10 programs on all of broadcast television with more young Adult 18-34 viewers than original airings of ABC’s “America’s Funniest Home Videos,” “Behind The Magic: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” and “Blood & Oil” as well as CBS’ “Madam Secretary,” “The Good Wife” and “CSI: Cyber.”
- Delivered more Adult 18-49 viewers than original airings of ABC’s “America’s Funniest Home Videos,” “Behind the Magic: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” and “Blood & Oil” as well as CBS’ “CSI: Cyber.”
- Consistently increased its audience in every hour throughout its entire three-hour broadcast with double-digit audience growth in its last hour compared to its first-hour among Total Viewers 2+ (+20%), Adults 18-49 (+18%) and young Adults 18-34 (+11%).
In its first full season run, “La Banda” reached 18.8 million Total Viewers 2+ and averaged 1.1 million Adults 18-49 and nearly half-a-million young Adults 18-34.
Source: Nielsen, NPM, Sunday (12/13/2015) 7:00pm-11:00pm. Univision’s primetime line-up consisting of “Aqui y Ahora” and finale of “La Banda” based on NPM Fast National Ratings and English-language broadcast networks based on NPM Fast Affiliate Ratings. Reach based on NPM Fast Cume, Persons 2+, 6+ minute qualified audience (short term and long term visitors included). Live+SD.
During the finale of La Banda (8:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.), Univision stations had higher viewership than both the ABC and CBS stations among:
- Total Viewers in Miami and Houston
- Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston and Dallas
- Young Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, San Francisco and Phoenix
Source: The Nielsen Company, NSI (12/13/15), “La Banda” finale aired Sunday 8:00-11:00pm ET/PT, 7:00-10:00p.m. CT. Rankings based on average impressions. Live+SD
SOCIAL MEDIA HIGHLIGHTS
- Univision’s “La Banda” was the No. 1 most social program yesterday
Source: Nielsen, 12/13/15, excluding sports events and sports nonevents, ranked on unique authors/tweets
- “La Banda” had the No. 1 most mentioned series program account (@labanda) with 39,531 tweets and the No. 1 most mentioned series hashtag (#LaBandaFINAL) with 62,458 tweets
Source: Nielsen Social, TV Series 12/13/15
- For the full season run, across all episodes on average, La Banda authors were more engaged than “The Voice,” “Dancing with the Stars” and “America’s Next Top Model” authors based on tweets per unique authors
Source: Nielsen, 9/13/15 to 12/7/15, live/new episodes
“La Banda” was a highly mobile experience with nearly 82% of visits coming through mobile devices.
- Visitors spent over 41k hours engaging with La Banda content each week on LaBandaOficial.com, as well as the Univision and UVideos apps
- The “La Banda” channel was Univision Digital’s No. 1 Reality Program on YouTube, garnering 16.5M video views
Source: Adobe Analytics, US+PR, 9/6 – 12/13/15; YouTube Analytics, US+PR, 9/13 – 12/11/15
“Univision Conecta,” Univision’s second screen app, was a highly engaging experience with users spending an average of 26 minutes per session and consuming 67 page views per session, each Sunday across the season.
- Nearly 80% of “Univision Conecta” visitors returned to the app delivering week-over-week growth in users and engagement, reaching nearly 200k users during the show’s finale
- The “Univision Conecta” app grew in popularity week-over-week with the finale (12/13), having 5x as many active users and 11x as many page views vs. the premiere (9/13)
- During the show’s finale (12/13), 198k active users engaged with the “Univision Conecta” app, spending over 33 minutes per session and consuming over 73 pages
Source: Google Analytics (9/13 – 12/13/15)
CONTACT: Esther Mireya Tejeda, 646.560.4829, firstname.lastname@example.org