“Premios Juventud” made Univision the No. 1 Broadcast Station in the Time Period in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas and Phoenix Among Total Viewers
Outperformed the Grammys, the Oscars and the Golden Globes as the No. 1 Awards Show Thus Far in 2015 Regardless of Language in Terms of Twitter Engagement
NEW YORK – JULY 17, 2015 – The 12th annual edition of “Premios Juventud” youth awards show, which featured international superstar Enrique Iglesias and Mexican regional music superstar Luis Coronel as the biggest winners of the night, reached 8.1 million Total Viewers 2+ who tuned in to all or part of the live simulcast airing on Univision and Galavisión. This marks the third consecutive year that Univision ranks as the No. 1 broadcast network on “Premios Juventud” night among Adults 18-49 and the eighth consecutive year among both Adults 18-34 and Persons 12-34.
The live telecast of the youth show delivered an average audience of 3.7 million Total Viewers 2+, 2.1 million Adults 18-49, 1.1 million Adults 18-34 and 1.4 million Persons 12-34. “Premios Juventud” was the No. 1 program on all broadcast television among both Adults 18-34 and Persons 12-34, outperforming second-place CBS’ “Big Brother” by +14% among Adults 18-34. It also ranked as the No. 2 program on all broadcast television with more Adult 18-49 viewers than the entire original line-ups on ABC (“The Astronaut Wives Club,” “Mistresses” and “Rookie Blue”) and FOX (“Boom!” and “Wayward Pines”) and first-run episodes of CBS’ “Under the Dome” and NBC’s “Food Fighters.”
Additionally, this year’s “Premios Juventud” attracted more Hispanic viewers in the demographic groups of Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 than the combined audience of the latest editions of the “American Music Awards” and “Billboard Music Awards.”
Source: Nielsen, NPM, Thursday (07/16/2015) 8:00pm-11:00pm, Univision’s 12th Annual “Premios Juventud Awards” telecast based on NPM Fast National Ratings (8:00pm-11:12pm) and English-language broadcast networks based on NPM Fast Affiliate Ratings. Reach based on NPM Fast Cume, Persons 2+, 6+ minute qualified audience (short term and long term visitors included). The average audience and reach for “Premios Juventud” based on the delivery across Univision and Galavision. English-language award shows based on NPM-H, ABC’s “American Music Awards” (11/23/2014) and “Billboard Music Awards” (05/17/2015). Live+SD.
“Premios Juventud” made Univision the No. 1 broadcast station, regardless of language, in the time period (8:00 p.m. -11:15 p.m.):
- Among Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas and Phoenix
- Among Adults 18-49 and Young Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
“Premios Juventud” was the No. 1 broadcast program in Total Day viewing (6:00 a.m.-2:00 a.m.):
- Among Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles and Miami
- Among Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami and Sacramento
- Among Young Adults 18-34 Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Chicago (tie) and Phoenix
Source: Nielsen, NSI Overnights, (07/16/15) “Premios Juventud” aired Thursday 8:00 p.m. – 11:15 p.m. EST/PAC, 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. CNT/MTN. Live+SD.
SOCIAL MEDIA HIGHLIGHTS
“Premios Juventud” delivered outstanding social engagement, ranking as:
- Most social awards show and red carpet program of all time on Univision in terms of engagement (Tweets per unique).
- No. 2 program in the Nielsen Twitter TV Ratings (NTTR) Daily Top Five Series and Specials list in terms of unique audience on Twitter.
- No. 1 awards show thus far in 2015 across all English and Spanish language broadcast and cable networks in terms of engagement (Tweets per unique), beating the “Grammy,” “The Oscars” and the “Golden Globes” awards.
- No. 1 red carpet show thus far in 2015 across all English and Spanish language broadcast and cable networks in terms of engagement (Tweets per unique).
- No. 1 and No. 2 programs, respectively, across all English and Spanish language broadcast networks that day in terms of Twitter unique authors.
- No. 1 network that day across all English and Spanish language broadcast networks in terms of unique authors and Tweets beating CBS, NBC, FOX and ABC.
The “Premios Juventud” youth awards show was broadcast live on the Univision Network and featured 20 knockout musical performances that kept the audience on its feet for most of the thee-hour show. Popular celebrities from all areas of the Hispanic entertainment world handed out awards in 27 unique categories within five areas: Music, Movies, Novelas, Sports and Pop Culture. Additional recaps, videos and information is available on the show’s dedicated website at PremiosJuventud.com.